ADVERTISEMENT

Men's track and field...

Jul 25, 2001
Now that WVU has Big 12 money and new track facilities being built close by, any chance
t&f is added back soon? I have heard the reasons that it was dropped but being the
only school in the conference without this sport has a mid-major feel to it. Any inside info
available?

We would need to add another womens sport at the same time. I am not sure there is an inexpensive one left to add.

Exactly.

You'd basically be adding two new programs that bring in zero cash.... ...with huge expenses (for in-conference competition).

Women's Lacrosse and Field Hockey aren't that expensive plus most schools are in driving distance to fill a full schedule

Women's Lacrosse and Field Hockey aren't that expensive plus most schools are in driving distance to fill a full schedule
Interestingly ALL ACC schools play either field hockey OR lacrosse. As everyone knows, both games can be played on football fields, so finding a venue for either sport is no issue. If WVU teed up either of these sports I would imagine that team could schedule a lot of games against ACC foes.

When was the last time you attended a lacrosse or field hockey or baseball game? Actually, I could say.................when is the last time you attended (or watched on TV) anything other than a football or basketball game? Without lacrosse or field hockey, etc. WV is seen as mid-major? NOT!

Do we have a women's track squad? I didn't realize so if we do.

The question was asked about which women's sport would we add if we brought back men's track. I said women's track because I didn't think we had a women's track team. Apparently I am wrong.

I thought that I was pointing out the obvious.... that's why we had the .... hmmm ... yes stuff.

When was the last time you attended a lacrosse or field hockey or baseball game? Actually, I could say.................when is the last time you attended (or watched on TV) anything other than a football or basketball game? Without lacrosse or field hockey, etc. WV is seen as mid-major? NOT!
Just because you can't enjoy other sports that aren't whored out by television doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy our school participate in them.

Do we have a women's track squad? I didn't realize so if we do.

The question was asked about which women's sport would we add if we brought back men's track. I said women's track because I didn't think we had a women's track team. Apparently I am wrong.

I thought that I was pointing out the obvious.... that's why we had the .... hmmm ... yes stuff.
We have women's track and field. Men's was cut at some point.

The Big XII is a solid softball conference. We have had some in-state talent for softball over recent years. It isn't crazy to think it could work here.

Just because you can't enjoy other sports that aren't whored out by television doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy our school participate in them.

Coalbucket..............I didn't say a mans couldn't enjoy other sports.............I just asked how many non football/basketball sporting events do you watch...........period. Heck, for that matter......name me one (just one) player on the WV baseball team. I know....................a mans can enjoy the sport without being able to name the players. I know that.

Coalbucket..............I didn't say a mans couldn't enjoy other sports.............I just asked how many non football/basketball sporting events do you watch...........period. Heck, for that matter......name me one (just one) player on the WV baseball team. I know....................a mans can enjoy the sport without being able to name the players. I know that.
Jackson Cramer, Jackson Sigmun, Darius Hill, Ross Vance, BJ Myers, Blake Smith, Kyle Davis, KC Huth, Shaun Wood, Jimmy Galusky, Ray Guerrini, and that's without looking at the roster.

Oh, and ES&D.

Jackson Cramer, Jackson Sigmun, Darius Hill, Ross Vance, BJ Myers, Blake Smith, Kyle Davis, KC Huth, Shaun Wood, Jimmy Galusky, Ray Guerrini, and that's without looking at the roster.

Oh, and ES&D.
Also, go root for another school if you can't support WVU in all sports whether you like them or not.

Women's golf would be pretty easily be added. We just added men's golf. They could share facilities with the men for training. Maybe build them a new office building with locker room?

Oh, and ES&D.

Coal........................you the real deal! Go to the head of the class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT