ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Meet the West Virginia Mountaineers football 2022 commitments

Or...didn't start soon enough. Or...didn't think the system was the "right fit" for skills. Or...suddenly didnt agree with play calling. Or...didn't like the coach. Or....
...didn't get paid. Or...coach yelled. Or...

Reactions: Rootmaster
Hoping Neal & Staff flip Nicco Marchiol, a dual threat lefty who performed very well at the Nashville Elite 11 comp, which has been the most stacked/competitive of any other to date this year.

Given AJ Duffy committed to FSU, and Nicco only scheduled 2 visits and WVU is the last to be visited, I think we have a shot at flipping him. His path to compete here is clearer and our QB room is kinda thin compared to Michigan State & FSU, so we have a few things going for us.

Hopefully he flips & commits while visiting or directly afterwards, the earlier the better as getting a QB commit early can help recruit other high-end players, cause they know they have a quality QB in their class. He def has that blue collar + hard nosed vibe, and Brown & Staff has showed they want to recruit QB's who can create on their own, at the very least have good pocket awareness & escapability. While Crowder is not technically a dual threat, he is athletic enough to evade pass rushes..

A quality QB in this class is an absolute must... Even years we need a high-end QB, and odd years a quality back role-player QB. This way there are two years between the high-end QB's, so they may stay longer knowing they will have their time. I think that is a good strategy to ensure you keep the players you recruit.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Hoping Neal & Staff flip Nicco Marchiol, a dual threat lefty who performed very well at the Nashville Elite 11 comp, which has been the most stacked/competitive of any other to date this year.

Given AJ Duffy committed to FSU, and Nicco only scheduled 2 visits and WVU is the last to be visited, I think we have a shot at flipping him. His path to compete here is clearer and our QB room is kinda thin compared to Michigan State & FSU, so we have a few things going for us.

Hopefully he flips & commits while visiting or directly afterwards, the earlier the better as getting a QB commit early can help recruit other high-end players, cause they know they have a quality QB in their class. He def has that blue collar + hard nosed vibe, and Brown & Staff has showed they want to recruit QB's who can create on their own, at the very least have good pocket awareness & escapability. While Crowder is not technically a dual threat, he is athletic enough to evade pass rushes..

A quality QB in this class is an absolute must... Even years we need a high-end QB, and odd years a quality back role-player QB. This way there are two years between the high-end QB's, so they may stay longer knowing they will have their time. I think that is a good strategy to ensure you keep the players you recruit.

Let's get some guys up front.
QB wants to catch the attention of the NFL. Best way is having an OLine.

Building inside out.

Hasn't been working to date.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT