ADVERTISEMENT

Marine

11 bunkers in 18 holes yesterday.....a couple of them St Andrews type......had to play like hell to avoid triple digits

You bring suntan lotion with you? Sounds like you spent all day at the beach. Which course you play?

You ever get down to the Sandhills area of NC? Ever play Tobacco Road golf course? I shot better at Pinehurst 2 than that course. I was a 7 handicap when I played it, I shot a 103. Most difficult course I've ever played.

You ever get down to the Sandhills area of NC? Ever play Tobacco Road golf course? I shot better at Pinehurst 2 than that course. I was a 7 handicap when I played it, I shot a 103. Most difficult course I've ever played.
playing Pinehurst has always been a dream but I've never had the opportunity....been to the Masters though....played Congressional , all the Greenbrier Courses...Pete Dye in Clarksburg... but...would like to do Pinehurst #2 and Kiawah Island before I die

playing Pinehurst has always been a dream but I've never had the opportunity....been to the Masters though....played Congressional , all the Greenbrier Courses...Pete Dye in Clarksburg... but...would like to do Pinehurst #2 and Kiawah Island before I die

I lived off Pinehurst #6, would walk it and play a few holes every evening. Played 2 on a few occasions, the greens are rediculously hard, I 5 putted a few times each round. From tee to green it's not that hard a course, if you can hit a high ball from 130 in you can score, you have to stick it. If you put a lot of spin on your wedges its brutal

I lived off Pinehurst #6, would walk it and play a few holes every evening. Played 2 on a few occasions, the greens are rediculously hard, I 5 putted a few times each round. From tee to green it's not that hard a course, if you can hit a high ball from 130 in you can score, you have to stick it. If you put a lot of spin on your wedges its brutal
what are the quickest greens you ever played on?......for me it was a couple of years ago at Wintergreen Resort. They have a really hard "members" course appropriately called Devil's Knob that we played a tournament on. The greens were 12.5 BEFORE they double mowed and rolled them. I know the super there and he stimped them at 13.7......they did it on purpose for that event.....you had to be careful when you marked your ball or it would take off.....damnedest thing I ever saw....

what are the quickest greens you ever played on?......for me it was a couple of years ago at Wintergreen Resort. They have a really hard "members" course appropriately called Devil's Knob that we played a tournament on. The greens were 12.5 BEFORE they double mowed and rolled them. I know the super there and he stimped them at 13.7......they did it on purpose for that event.....you had to be careful when you marked your ball or it would take off.....damnedest thing I ever saw....

The National in Southern Pines, nothing ever came close to its speed. I played it a week prior to the US Open qualifier in 2005, I don't remember the stimp meter but I do recall the buzz around the village over them. They were rolling quicker than 2 did during the US Open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT