ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness driving my Pacemaker crazy!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Friday’s Sweet Sixteen games will be hard-pressed to be more exciting than the Thursday Sweet Sixteen games.

1. 9 seed Florida Atlantic upset 4 seed Tennessee. No seed 9 or lower has ever won the national title.

2. Markquis Nowell, the shortest player, is making the biggest impression for 3 seed Kansas State.

3. 3 seed Gonzaga, always a bridesmaid but never the national title bride, survived 2 seed UCLA.

4. 4 seed UConn demolished 8 seed Arkansas. Connecticult hasn’t been national champs since 2014, and won in 2011, 2004, 1999. Makes me wish I still was a sportswriter with SO MANY storylines and only HALF the Elite Eight teams decided. That was a half-century ago for me.

The bar has been set very high for Friday's

5 seed San Diego State vs. 1 seed Alabama although a Tide loss would be a good start.

5 seed Miami at 1 seed and September Big 12 member Houston.

15 seed Princeton, the Cinderella team, vs. 6 see Creighton. Tigers upset would be momentous. There have been ELEVEN double-digit seeds in the Elite Eight but never a 15 seed. The lowest were 12 seeds Missouri in 2002 and Oregon State in 2021.

3 seed Xavier vs. 2 seed Texas of the Big 12 (till the end of this academic year and then the Longhorns ride into the SEC)

But this March Madness has a way of outdoing itself, day after day and game after game. One of the most remarkable March Madnesses I can remember!

Friday’s Sweet Sixteen games will be hard-pressed to be more exciting than the Thursday Sweet Sixteen games.

1. 9 seed Florida Atlantic upset 4 seed Tennessee. No seed 9 or lower has ever won the national title.

2. Markquis Nowell, the shortest player, is making the biggest impression for 3 seed Kansas State.

3. 3 seed Gonzaga, always a bridesmaid but never the national title bride, survived 2 seed UCLA.

4. 4 seed UConn demolished 8 seed Arkansas. Connecticult hasn’t been national champs since 2014, and won in 2011, 2004, 1999. Makes me wish I still was a sportswriter with SO MANY storylines and only HALF the Elite Eight teams decided. That was a half-century ago for me.

The bar has been set very high for Friday's

5 seed San Diego State vs. 1 seed Alabama although a Tide loss would be a good start.

5 seed Miami at 1 seed and September Big 12 member Houston.

15 seed Princeton, the Cinderella team, vs. 6 see Creighton. Tigers upset would be momentous. There have been ELEVEN double-digit seeds in the Elite Eight but never a 15 seed. The lowest were 12 seeds Missouri in 2002 and Oregon State in 2021.

3 seed Xavier vs. 2 seed Texas of the Big 12 (till the end of this academic year and then the Longhorns ride into the SEC)

But this March Madness has a way of outdoing itself, day after day and game after game. One of the most remarkable March Madnesses I can remember!
That is the problem. You can't remember if you wiped this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT