ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Fickell is he really...

If Fickell gets the job hopefully he brings Mike Denbrock.

Denbrock is a good offensive mind in regards to spreading the field but finding weaknesses.

A lot like what you see at Iowa St and Texas.

Nick Saban has ran a pro style spread the last 6 years.
Especially when he had Lane Kiffin.

I think you are confusing bad offenses with bad QB play.
And good offenses with good QB play.

The major difference in offense is checkdowns.
Meaning Neal Brown doesn't use them.

Watch the video of Neal Brown on YouTube.

He doesn't use checkdowns.
The QB comes to the line and if he doesn't like what he sees he hands off the ball.

The offense is very Simplistic.

Checkdowns are when the QB comes to line and reads the defenses and then changes not just the line but the entire formation .

Because certain offenses have a lot more plays.

They always have the underneath pass to a HBack or RB

I’m saying the teams that line up in the power I and say my guards are going to pull, hat on hat, we are going to out tough you. It’s poor coaching when you predictable. It’s so easy to game plan.
Yea I like the more pro styles Dana was pretty much doing so pro style offense. I don’t understand why teams don’t use more motion to identify defenses. Saban hated the spread until
He knew the power I It wasn’t going to work with teams catching up to him.

I’d run a pro offense but pro offenses are turning into college offenses like the zone blocking of the kc chiefs and the rams and I’ve been around the game my whole life and in college and am very opinionated on the subject as most everyone here is which is fun.... we don’t have to agree

If Fickell gets the job hopefully he brings Mike Denbrock.

Denbrock is a good offensive mind in regards to spreading the field but finding weaknesses.

A lot like what you see at Iowa St and Texas.

See and I admit I didn’t watch any cinci film so if they don’t try to run 65 percent of the time it’s fine I’d rather it be 55/45 to be balanced. Id still look at a coordinator that can recruit. That’s why I’m so high on Tosh Lupoi he’s recruited his behind off at Cal and bama and Clemson co o coordinator is great recruiter as well.

See and I admit I didn’t watch any cinci film so if they don’t try to run 65 percent of the time it’s fine I’d rather it be 55/45 to be balanced. Id still look at a coordinator that can recruit. That’s why I’m so high on Tosh Lupoi he’s recruited his behind off at Cal and bama and Clemson co o coordinator is great recruiter as well.

Recruiting to WV is going to be the biggest concern with these coaches and what staff they bring in....gotta build off the backs of 3 star kids who they can develop mixed with some high end talent. If any of them think they are going to land a bunch of top 15 classes then they will never work out at WV

Lmao

5 guys were suspended the first 5 games.
Terrell Pryor
DaVier Posey
Mike Adams
Solomon Thomas
Boom Herron

Tressel was suspended for 5 games. The entire team is counting on him to return then he resigns.

4 key players transferred out.

He played Miami and #11 Michigan State in two of those first 5 games without those guys resulting in two losses. Of the 6 regular season.

He then had to prepare a team for The Gator Bowl.

Oh and as far as all that talent there?? They had FOUR guys get drafted. 2nd, 3rd and two 6th round picks.

He beat #10 Wisconsin.

And lost by 6 to Michigan.

As a interm head coach dealing with everything on top of not knowing he was going to be head coach until season started. Then counting on Tressel to return after 5 games. That doesn't happen and he is forced to stay head coach.

Know how much head coaching experience he had before facing that situation?

You guessed it. ZERO
(IF THAT WAS GIBSON FACING THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES YOU GUYS WOULD SING HIS PRAISE FOREVER)

Some of you should get smarter before trying to weigh in on a serious discussion.

He's the hands down best candidate and will be the next WVU head coach is we are lucky.
Joe Bauserman was Ohio State's starting QB after Pryor was suspended. Think Chris Chugunov...but even worse.

Joe Bauserman was Ohio State's starting QB after Pryor was suspended. Think Chris Chugunov...but even worse.

Braxton Miller took over passed for 1100 yards and rushed for 700 very similar numbers to pat white freshman year

I’m just glad we didn’t hire Fickell. If word got back to him I put out a thread like this, he wouldn’t have answered questions I tell Cummings to ask (and let him know the questions are from me) let alone granted me the insider status I’ve become accustomed to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT