ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like no Big12 expansion

Bowlsby isn't stating anything about a vote because a vote hasn't been taken. He is dismissing that there's interest in expansion in the league on behalf of a few (even admitting he doesn't really know what the opinions on expansion are) and dismissing that the composition committee has researched and identified schools.

Some of that could be deflecting while "negotiations" happen, but some of it is just irresponsible and has obviously caused problems in the conference--causing presidents like Boren and Gee to make public statements to try to get others off their rear ends and into the actions they need to be taking.

Boren bringing serious issues to light so the conference can discuss them and ACT on them is the only thing that is going to keep the conference from collapsing down the road. Pretending their aren't any problems, no one wants or needs to do anything and everything will magically be ok is the problem, not the solution.

Do you actually think Bowlsbyis working in a vacuum and has not talked to each BIG12 program? He know exactly where each programs stands even if it is on the fence It does not matter if Bowlsby’s believes in expansion or not, he knows he needs 8 votes and does not have it. So, he has to put the best face on the situation regardless of his believes. When he states the conference does not want to expand he is not taking sides. He is not going out in public saying the conference needs to expands if the votes are not there, even if there is a majority but not a super majority. If you don’t understand this, you are Thick Headed, Stupid, or just want to stir the pot. I don’t think you are stupid, and tend to lean toward being thick headed. However, based on your habit of spinning post that don’t align with yours, it very well could be pot stirrer.

BTW, where the F did I state there was a vote taken? I did not, and that goes to my point of you spinning post that don’t fit your argument. As stated above, Bowlsbyknows there is not a super majority to pass expansion. Heck, just the fact that Boren is acting out in public shows that he knows it as well.

Do you actually think Bowlsbyis working in a vacuum and has not talked to each BIG12 program? He know exactly where each programs stands even if it is on the fence It does not matter if Bowlsby’s believes in expansion or not, he knows he needs 8 votes and does not have it. So, he has to put the best face on the situation regardless of his believes. When he states the conference does not want to expand he is not taking sides. He is not going out in public saying the conference needs to expands if the votes are not there, even if there is a majority but not a super majority. If you don’t understand this, you are Thick Headed, Stupid, or just want to stir the pot. I don’t think you are stupid, and tend to lean toward being thick headed. However, based on your habit of spinning post that don’t align with yours, it very well could be pot stirrer.

BTW, where the F did I state there was a vote taken? I did not, and that goes to my point of you spinning post that don’t fit your argument. As stated above, Bowlsbyknows there is not a super majority to pass expansion. Heck, just the fact that Boren is acting out in public shows that he knows it as well.

Of course Boren's not so veiled threats and fear mongering could just put it over the top at 9 - 1. We'll know soon. We will not have to wonder what happened at the meetings, president Gee will tell us! (He can't help it)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT