ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for recipe

HuntEER

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2005
A while back I got a recipe with blackened Alfredo sauce I believe from you Vernon. A chicken Alfredo does anyone still have this I have apparently lost mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can try both of these. Simply brunoise tri colored brunoise peppers and add a liberal amount of Fat Man spice and tabasco or other hot sauce at the end. You may want to adjust the recipe for the Alfredo. Probably need a quarter of that.

I have a cajun cream recipe but it is on one of my dozens of drives. Ill keep looking..

Main Chardonnay Butter Sauce-

Minced Shallots 3 ounces

White Wine ½ cup

White Wine Vinegar ½ cup

Cracked Black Peppercorns 5 ea.

Bay leaf 1 ea.

Parsley Stems 5 ea

Tarragon stems 5 ea

Heavy Cream (optional) 4 Tablespoons

Butter 1 lb

Salt and Pepper To taste

Fresh lemon juice from one lemon

1. Begin first by reducing the shallots, wine, vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaf, Parsley, and tarragon stems together (use a heavy bottom sauce pot for this).

2. Once the reduction has concentrated to the point that it is almost dry add the cream and then reduce by half. (The cream is only a sauce stabilizer and can be omitted)

3. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter a little at a time. When the butter has all been added strain and adjusts the seasoning with salt pepper and lemon juice.

4. Keep the sauce warm but not too hot or the emulsion will break.

Yields 2 cups

Sneads Alfredo-

1 Gallon heavy cream

2 oz. Minced garlic

2 oz. Olive oil

6 Tbsp. roasted garlic puree

2 cups parmesan cheese

Kosher salt

Fresh black pepper

Method:

1. Sweat the minced garlic in the olive oil.
  2. Add one gallon heavy cream season and reduce by half
  3. Stir in the roasted garlic puree and parmesan cheese.
  4. Taste and check consistency.
  5. Note: be careful not to reduce to far, the cream we use has a tendency to break.

You can try both of these. Simply brunoise tri colored brunoise peppers and add a liberal amount of Fat Man spice and tabasco or other hot sauce at the end. You may want to adjust the recipe for the Alfredo. Probably need a quarter of that.

I have a cajun cream recipe but it is on one of my dozens of drives. Ill keep looking..

Main Chardonnay Butter Sauce-

Minced Shallots 3 ounces

White Wine ½ cup

White Wine Vinegar ½ cup

Cracked Black Peppercorns 5 ea.

Bay leaf 1 ea.

Parsley Stems 5 ea

Tarragon stems 5 ea

Heavy Cream (optional) 4 Tablespoons

Butter 1 lb

Salt and Pepper To taste

Fresh lemon juice from one lemon

1. Begin first by reducing the shallots, wine, vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaf, Parsley, and tarragon stems together (use a heavy bottom sauce pot for this).

2. Once the reduction has concentrated to the point that it is almost dry add the cream and then reduce by half. (The cream is only a sauce stabilizer and can be omitted)

3. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter a little at a time. When the butter has all been added strain and adjusts the seasoning with salt pepper and lemon juice.

4. Keep the sauce warm but not too hot or the emulsion will break.

Yields 2 cups

Sneads Alfredo-

1 Gallon heavy cream

2 oz. Minced garlic

2 oz. Olive oil

6 Tbsp. roasted garlic puree

2 cups parmesan cheese

Kosher salt

Fresh black pepper

Method:

1. Sweat the minced garlic in the olive oil.
  2. Add one gallon heavy cream season and reduce by half
  3. Stir in the roasted garlic puree and parmesan cheese.
  4. Taste and check consistency.
  5. Note: be careful not to reduce to far, the cream we use has a tendency to break.

Thanks Back

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT