ADVERTISEMENT

Local HS Fottball

buckshot

Junior
May 29, 2001
How is University High, Morgantown High and Preston doing? I know Preston (or whatever they are called these days) lost all of the fb games last year. Usually, M-Town and University are pretty good.

Wallace out for season...

Per a university statement.

Wallace to miss season
DePaul junior Eric Wallace will miss the 2010-11 season after sustaining fractured left tibia and fibula in a preseason workout on Oct. 4. Wallace underwent surgery to repair the injury on Oct. 7 and is expected to make a complete recovery.

“This is a tough situation for Eric, but with the care of our sports medicine staff and his hard work in rehab, we believe he can make a full recovery,” said head coach Oliver Purnell.

Wallace averaged 6.3 points and 4.9 rebounds in 24 games last season as a sophomore. He sat out the 2008-09 campaign after transferring from Ohio State. The 6-7 guard/forward scored a career-high 16 points against Detroit last season and grabbed a career-best nine rebounds in games against Alabama State and St. John’s.

Re: Wallace out for season...

Unfortunate for Eric and the team. Wallace clearly is offensively challenged, but I saw him being a nice energy player occasionally in the starting lineup, more so off the bench. Although undersized, he could have helped in the thin frontcourt.

I wonder if he will get a medical redshirt allowing him 6 years of eligibility.

Originally posted by buckshot:
How is University High, Morgantown High and Preston doing? I know Preston (or whatever they are called these days) lost all of the fb games last year. Usually, M-Town and University are pretty good.

Preston bout the same, Morgantown bout the same, UHS below par, but J Kell's fault. (frown face)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT