ADVERTISEMENT

Living vicariously through the women’s team

BarbieQdCouch

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2004
Apollo Beach, FL
Played center in high school. At 5’9” in 1972, I was the tallest player in little rural Caroline County, MD I was like a bull in a china closet, often fouling out. Not fast but a solid shooter. Well aware that I had a job- to defend and rebound. Never elite enough to compete at the Division I college level. My brother played point guard for the Class C MD State Championship team in 1976.

I’m excited, really excited about this group of WVU ladies. They have more work to do, and no doubt will lose some in conference play , but Mike Carey’s moving players around, recruiting , etc has been nothing short of brilliant this year. If we can continue to avoid serious injury( have been snake-bitten in recent years) , there could be a lot to celebrate.

same here. I follow nearly every game they play and try to get to at one a season.

My oldest daughter played basketball and we use to go to WVU games. I think Mike has done very well at WVU and agree think he makes some noise in the NCAA this year.

Reactions: Euell
same here. I follow nearly every game they play and try to get to at one a season.

My oldest daughter played basketball and we use to go to WVU games. I think Mike has done very well at WVU and agree think he makes some noise in the NCAA this year.
Last night was TORTURE. Very painful watching the ladies get clobbered by Oklahoma. Nothing was going in the basket . Defense wasn't there. We can't make excuses. The only
players having success were the 5's, Ejiofor & Norris. B=Gondrezick and Martin were totally taken out of their game. And now it's off to Waco. But I really don't think they could
play any worse against Baylor than they did last night.

Last night was TORTURE. Very painful watching the ladies get clobbered by Oklahoma. Nothing was going in the basket . Defense wasn't there. We can't make excuses. The only
players having success were the 5's, Ejiofor & Norris. B=Gondrezick and Martin were totally taken out of their game. And now it's off to Waco. But I really don't think they could
play any worse against Baylor than they did last night.

How can Carey not scheme to stop their 3 point chick that is the number 1 shooter in the country from the arc?

Carey flat got out coached and his girls got out hustled. Total domination be OU staff and players. Pathetic really.

How can Carey not scheme to stop their 3 point chick that is the number 1 shooter in the country from the arc?

Carey flat got out coached and his girls got out hustled. Total domination be OU staff and players. Pathetic really.
Totally agree. And the same thing is happening right now in Manhattan as the men look just pathetic.

Reactions: WVURobinHood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT