ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Legacy JJ Jones gets ‘dream come true’ offer from West Virginia

I would rather nobody say WVU is their dream school if they are not ready to commit and still want to pursue other options. I don’t fault anyone for looking around and making sure they choose the right school for them, but it just feels like hyperbole when someone says School A is their dream school but doesn’t commit. It would be great to get a commitment from him eventually, and I admit I don’t follow recruiting that closely, but as someone who is excited for any commitment I would rather not get too worked up when someone says “dream school” until they commit for good.

Dana did offer and recruit Sophomores entering their junior year and players in their junior year before NSD.

This isn't anything new.

Who did Holgorsen recruit as sophomores?

Who said it was something new? I know I didn't.

I would rather nobody say WVU is their dream school if they are not ready to commit and still want to pursue other options. I don’t fault anyone for looking around and making sure they choose the right school for them, but it just feels like hyperbole when someone says School A is their dream school but doesn’t commit. It would be great to get a commitment from him eventually, and I admit I don’t follow recruiting that closely, but as someone who is excited for any commitment I would rather not get too worked up when someone says “dream school” until they commit for good.

Well as we have seen and heard lately just because a kid commits still doesn't mean he will come.

Who did Holgorsen recruit as sophomores?

Who said it was something new? I know I didn't.

Last year the staff was all oved Holden the WR from Maryland who ended up committing to Alabama.
Don't know when exactly WVU offered him but Dana was recruiting him for awhile and made him a top target.
This isn't anything new at West Virginia.

Last year the staff was all oved Holden the WR from Maryland who ended up committing to Alabama.
Don't know when exactly WVU offered him but Dana was recruiting him for awhile and made him a top target.
This isn't anything new at West Virginia.

Never said it wasn't new at WVU. I just don't believe Holgorsen ever recruited a sophomore. But I will have to take your word for it that he did with Holden

Never said it wasn't new at WVU. I just don't believe Holgorsen ever recruited a sophomore. But I will have to take your word for it that he did with Holden

Same exact situation
Holden came to a camp and WV offered him last summer
Sophomore going into their junior year

We recruited Aaron Sparrow in ninth grade...He threw for more TD's than Mike and Marcus Vick combined. He graduated around 90 or 91.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT