ADVERTISEMENT

Lamy Constant vs Kobe Pryor

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
First let me say, both are extremely talented & WVU would be lucky for either of them to choose to suit up in Morgantown..

So, we all realize there is a flaw in how players are rated, and sometimes talent is overlooked or not evaluated correctly for multiple reasons.

After watching film for both Lamy Constant & Kobe Pryor, Im curious what your opinions are of the two, comparatively speaking... How important is the recruiting ranking to future success and/or attracting more talent? Or do the results on the field matter more?

These two both fall under a power runner, however I feel one of them has both Power+Speed...

Which would you prefer out of these two, as NB plans to recruit 2 RB's in this class. 1 power runner & 1 shifty guy..

I like Pryor better.

Watched more of his videos.

Both don't have the break away speed so both need to bulk up to break tackles and need an OL.
Matters what player wants it more.

I think Pryor has better vision as a RB. Problem with Constant in the level he is playing at. Isn't the same as Georgia.

Pryor is probably going to Auburn or Ga Tech.
Matter on Marks. Marks is actually the top RB out of Georgia.
Marks ends up at Auburn or Ga Tech I think WV could have a chance with Pryor.

I can see both being really good for us. But I also think both will always be #2 behind Brown until he graduates.

Brown has to get bigger and stronger.

Plus his big games were against Kansas and Youngstown State.
Mckoy is the best RB WV has for next year...

NFL teams are at the point that they want less carries for backs.

If Brown or whoever is going to be drafted they want only 150 carries a year.
Pretty much means you need 3 backs to split 40 carries.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Do the research...

What RB between Pryor and Constant is getting more carries...

The wear and tear even at the High School Level could cause injuries.

NFL teams want RBs to have about 1000 carries between high school and college.

Any more they will downgrade the RB.
This narrative has been accepted by most RBs coming out of High School.
There are some rare exceptions like Kendall Milton from Fresno.

So West Virginia needs 3 good RBs.
Like what they have this year but Brown is the only underclassmen so they need to bring in another RB that can carry the ball at a college level 15 times a game.

I think that guy is Pryor...

WVU has 3 good RB's. But we can always take a couple more for RS.

I don't know all the RBs on WVs radar.

Pryor was offered by Texas. Think Texas offered both Pryor and Marks.
2 of the top 3 RBs in Georgia.

I like Pryor. Plays at a high level in high school and shows great vision.

Don't think Texas is pursuing him unless they miss on their top targets.

Auburn and Georgia Tech are the teams to worry about.

I don't care if you're dating Pryor. Why doe any of this have to do with Texas or if any other team is recruiting him. Either comes here or doesn't. It's that freaking simple.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I don't care if you're dating Pryor. Why doe any of this have to do with Texas or if any other team is recruiting him. Either comes here or doesn't. It's that freaking simple.

A player like Pryor is going to keep his options open because schools like Clemson, Auburn and Texas have offered him.

Texas wants Zach Evans
Clemson is interested in Bowman.
Don't know where Auburn is at.

Obviously other teams are involved in a recruitment.
Even UGA can get involved if they can't get Lloyd.

If Pryor ends up at West Virginia they will get a good RB.
If his head is right they could get a great RB

With Constant...
I think he is hungry. He comes from a family of immigrants.
Usually they have a chip on their shoulder.
He knows what time it is. Never have to worry about a Haitian slacking.

Do the research...

Like what they have this year but Brown is the only underclassmen so they need to bring in another RB that can carry the ball at a college level 15 times a game.

Your wear and tear comment reminded me of a story I read several years (before the spread) that said NFL teams felt RBs coming out of the B10 did not have long careers because of the beating they took in that league's "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offenses.

Your wear and tear comment reminded me of a story I read several years (before the spread) that said NFL teams felt RBs coming out of the B10 did not have long careers because of the beating they took in that league's "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offenses.

Number of hits taken....
Not all RBs are Barry Sanders but even Barry hung it up early because he didn't want to damage his body.
You compare him to a Walter Payton or Earl Campbell.

Texas had that issue with Jonathan Gray.
Already had well over 1000 carries before he came to Texas.

A lot of high schools went away from having a true #1 back.

Running Backs are probably the highest risk for any position.
NFL stop drafting them in the first round until around 2014 with Melvin Gordon.
Figured out if they control the amount of carries they last longer.

Pretty much treat RBs like a sports car.

Drive them around a few times a week but don't put too many miles on them.
Better to have three to drive 2 days a week each.

First let me say, both are extremely talented & WVU would be lucky for either of them to choose to suit up in Morgantown..

So, we all realize there is a flaw in how players are rated, and sometimes talent is overlooked or not evaluated correctly for multiple reasons.

After watching film for both Lamy Constant & Kobe Pryor, Im curious what your opinions are of the two, comparatively speaking... How important is the recruiting ranking to future success and/or attracting more talent? Or do the results on the field matter more?

These two both fall under a power runner, however I feel one of them has both Power+Speed...

Which would you prefer out of these two, as NB plans to recruit 2 RB's in this class. 1 power runner & 1 shifty guy..
Both ! :wink:

Both. Either or. There isn't that much difference in either. Need at least 1 RB in each class.

Need the boys up front.
The JUCO OT from Kansas is interesting. He is huge.

Great OLs can make a lot of RBs look great but great RBs can look average behind a bad OL.
Look at Cam Akers.
Should be putting up 1250+ yard seasons.

Recruits tend to want to play for schools who have a great OL.
They see it as a business decision.

TVZ has a way with turning a decent thread into a pile of shit.

It is the truth...

Heard the majority of RBs and QBs say they are looking at the OLine to decide where they are going to commit to.

Ja'Quavious Marks
Out of the ones who WV haven't offered.
E.J Smith. Emmitt's son. A lot of people were down on him after his Junior year but he is blowing up because he looks good at 7v7.
Always had the power but is shifty.

Both are RBs that can run between the tackles but can bounce.
Similar to McKoy or what you had with Crawford.

TVZ is Texas assistant lead recruiter. TVZ knows all.

Do the research...

If Sinkfield stays healthy, he is the most elusive and quick twitch RB we have. He and Brown will be a good 1-2 punch in 2020. We have 4 sets of fresh legs for 2019. I don’t follow recruiting other than the guys who commit to WVU, but I would not be shocked to see us take a juco prospect at RB as well as a freshman to spread the classes out a bit more evenly.

Thinking Neal Brown is waiting players out and trying to bring in good talent instead of bodies

Anyone can recruit bodies. Like I said previously a few months ago I don't think RB is as important as OL. Need to bring in some potential NFL players on the OL.
Then you could pretty much use any RB to get big yards. Outside of the elite 5-10 RBs there isn't much difference. Within that group the cream will rise to the top based on development.

I forgot about Sinkfield.
You think he will eventually become a big producer.

Brown has potential to add size and get 225
But I think the issue with what they have is size
More 5-10 200 rather than 6-0 225.
Need those bruisers who can bounce off tackles as well as the slashers who can get big gains because of shredding a defense at all levels.

Constant could eventually get that size.
Reason why I think he would be a big time get.

Leddie Brown 5'11 211 and does run with power and speed.

McCoy Will hit you and knock you down. He's hard to tackle.

You don't have to be a slow mountain to be a bruiser.

Just the hits.

Size matters with Running backs.
Don't want your 200 pound RB having to break tackles and gain tough yards.

Good to have another RB that has the size to take those hits.

I like Brown

I think he is probably more than 211 after conditioning.

I go back to David Montgomery.
He is going to be a beast in the NFL. The guy had more broken tackles than any player the last two years.
More than 55% of his yards came after contact.
Already making a new for himself.

Yawn.

TVZ would argue that blue is actually purple. Clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT