ADVERTISEMENT

Lame ESPN Program Ranking

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Anyone have a problem with Pitt being ranked significantly higher than WVU. Seems a bit off to me. Has to be Big12 related IMO. I can see the tradition, NFL player placement and Hall Of Fame representation pushing Pitt higher but by that much is kinda surprising.

Thoughts

Last edited:
pitt shouldn't be rank higher than WVU in anything - except small crowds at football games. It's
just a shitty athletic program - pure and simple. It's just the way it is. Who in the world would
ever send their kid their to play any sport? Hope I live long enough (I'm 76) to see us just beat
the living hell out of us. 9-13 worse lost in Mountaineer sports history IMHO. I'll always belive
RR screwed us that night.

I give this a .5 out of 10

Presentation is horrible plus your troll is obvious.
Try again Greg.

Need to become a better troll if you want to stick around

Reactions: Motown Mounty
pitt shouldn't be rank higher than WVU in anything - except small crowds at football games. It's
just a shitty athletic program - pure and simple. It's just the way it is. Who in the world would
ever send their kid their to play any sport? Hope I live long enough (I'm 76) to see us just beat
the living hell out of us. 9-13 worse lost in Mountaineer sports history IMHO. I'll always belive
RR screwed us that night.

Wow old timer get a grip. Pitt is definitely on the right side of this historical ranking. Only a homer would be as emotional as you sir. I believe this was football related so the emotional outburst is unreasonable. I think @MichiganHerd is probably right that quite a few site members are not capable of having a content discussion. My surprise wasn’t that Pitt is ranked higher than WVU. It was being surprise that Pitt almost cracked the top 30. And WVU was quite a few slots behind Pitt. As for ESPN they’re a joke lib PAC group.

I give this a .5 out of 10

Presentation is horrible plus your troll is obvious.
Try again Greg.

Need to become a better troll if you want to stick around

Move along low IQ. Immediately you hijak a content thread stalking my every post. I was surprised at Pitt being ranked so much higher than WVU. If you don’t want to add value to me thread get the hell out of it. You’re such scum Texass/304.

Two replies and zero sports IQ. One homer and one low IQ troll. I’m about ready to give up on this place. Where the hell are the good sports guys on this site?

Anyone have a problem with Pitt being ranked significantly higher than WVU. Seems a bit off to me. Has to be Big12 related IMO. I can see the tradition, NFL player placement and Hall Of Fame representation pushing Pitt higher but by that much is kinda surprising.

Thoughts
When they say program ranking what criteria are they using? are they referring to television?

He is saying ESPN ranked Pitt over WVU in regards to their history.

You can either ignore him or you tell them Pitt hasn't been that program in 40 years
No one really equates then with that. When you think of Western PA football you think of Penn St not Pitt. Penn State is a program who WVU wants to be better than or VA Tech. Not Pitt.

Best thing to do is play Pitt beat them by 40 and watch them melt.
Totally would destroy their fanbase

When they say program ranking what criteria are they using? are they referring to television?

Not sure. I didn’t dig in. I think Pitt and WVU have always been decent TV draw if I remember data from past discussions. I would assume ESPN wasn’t very scientific. They suck worse than Texass.

He is saying ESPN ranked Pitt over WVU in regards to their history.

You can either ignore him or you tell them Pitt hasn't been that program in 40 years
No one really equates then with that. When you think of Western PA football you think of Penn St not Pitt. Penn State is a program who WVU wants to be better than or VA Tech. Not Pitt.

Best thing to do is play Pitt beat them by 40 and watch them melt.
Totally would destroy their fanbase

Most of the games have been relatively close. Winning by 40 can happen but even bad teams on both sides generally make that game competitive.

I try not to be an asshole. Sometimes someone needs it

The truth is that UCF will probably beat Pitt again. Don't know if it will be lopsided.

WVU can't let Pitt play with them. Pitt has fallen on rough times recently. Penn St doesn't even want to play them. WV should go the same route as well after blowing you out

Since 1990 Virgina Tech has been a great program. Before 1990 they were dogshit
VA Tech has a solid loyal fanbase. They are a SMC. Better program to compete against.

Did ESPN use the actual number of football titles or the ones listed on the tarps they use to cover the empty sections of Hinnie Field during their home games?

Two replies and zero sports IQ. One homer and one low IQ troll. I’m about ready to give up on this place. Where the hell are the good sports guys on this site?

We're here. We just don't want to talk to trolls.

If you do give up on this place, would you kindly take the rest of the trash out with you?

Reactions: WVUFanForever
I try not to be an asshole. Sometimes someone needs it

The truth is that UCF will probably beat Pitt again. Don't know if it will be lopsided.

WVU can't let Pitt play with them. Pitt has fallen on rough times recently. Penn St doesn't even want to play them. WV should go the same route as well after blowing you out

College football is haves and have nots. Acting like Pitt is any worse or better than top 25-to-50 is misguided. There are maybe 8-14 programs that are haves. Throw the rest in a bin and who knows week to week. Pit was ranked late in the year last year in the top 25 by the playoff committee. Proves my point. Don’t go low IQ Texass. WVU and Pitt are same level.

Since the mid 1980's West Virginia has been a better program.
Their fans on here could give you more facts about how WV has dominated Pitt
Things aren't turning around at Pitt. They tried to fix their issues but slipped back even more.
Pitt is an example of stupidity. What a school shouldn't do. You being in the ACC isn't helping it is making the situation even worse as WV brings in more revenue than you and can compete on a bigger stage.

You are judged by your nemesis.

Superman had Lex Luther
Batman had a bunch
United States had the Soviet Union
Lakers have the Celtics
Yankees have the Red Sox

Reason why Penn State dropped Pitt was because they were bringing them down. If WVU can improve our nemesis we would get rid of Pitt unless Pitt proves they are capable of being on WVUs level.

You can't be Superman when you have some Lame Duck nemesis.

Since the mid 1980's West Virginia has been a better program.
Their fans on here could give you more facts about how WV has dominated Pitt
Things aren't turning around at Pitt. They tried to fix their issues but slipped back even more.
Pitt is an example of stupidity. What a school shouldn't do. You being in the ACC isn't helping it is making the situation even worse as WV brings in more revenue than you and can compete on a bigger stage.

It’s like two brothers claiming to be the toughest brother but next door the the Bama/Auburn brothers and and the Okie/Texas brothers are truly tough haha. Old tired story here Texass. These two programs are kinda 30-40 give or take so who on Earth cares besides apparently you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT