ADVERTISEMENT

King, you ever met Big Nut?

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
Meant to tell you months ago, but I ran into him in Fort Wayne, Indiana at the shopping mall last summer, and he was in full gear. I had to ask him what in the world he was doing in Ft Wayne in his game day outfit, and he told me he was there doing a fund raising event for some charity. Seemed like a pretty decent guy, considering his allegiance, but he also told me he has a pretty full schedule doing charity events. Big dude too. Can't remember what town he said he was from, but I know it was a town close to Clyde, Ohio, where one of our big customers has a major manufacturing facility. May have been Fremont, which is the town before you get to Clyde on Route 6. I sometimes drive that route down to Holmes County just to avoid paying $10.00 to drive on the turnpike for an hour and a half.

Nope. I just assumed that he was an a$$hole like most self-promoters, so I'm glad that he doesn't seem that way. I laugh every time that ESPN shows the clip of him sitting in Northwestern's stands with this "aha" look on his face when a late turnover deep in Northwestern's territory ends up in a touchdown for Ohio State and changes the betting winners in a game in which the winner already had been decided. I think that Brent Musberger made a sly comment about there being people still watching a lopsided game who were interested in this late and otherwise meaningless score. Of course, this was before sports betting was legalized in many states.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT