ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Bryant

Is he grad transferring after this year? Talk that he can get extra year of eligibility. Looks like freshmen phenomenon Trevor Lawrence Is going to get more snaps whether Bryant is healthy or not. I think Bryant has concussion that caused him to miss last game.

Not sure Dana would take him. He’s big, athletic and throws better than what most think. Has experience but not sure Dana would take him? He would have to be able to enroll in January and play spring ball with full offseason at WVU.

Hurts has LSU transfer waiting. Seems like a dream fit. Either way WVU will land a bigtime top grad transfer.

I am not familiar with Clemson and Kelly Bryant

This is what I have found on the internet.
They had a meeting yesterday and Dabo gave Kelly a day off from practice.
Does this mean Kelly Bryant transfers. I do not know. Is he even a NFL draft prospect. He could just throw his name into the draft and get drafted in the 5th round of something.

Dabo Swinney handled this situation 100% correct.
Unlike a coach at Nebraska who forced his scholarship backup to transfer and is playing a walk on.

If Kelly Bryant plays one more game he loses his chance to RS meaning he has no eligibility left.

Dabo decided to start freshmen phenomenon Trevor Lawrence. Bryant cried the blues and now is considering his options of transferring and keeping his 4 game redshirt possibility. Bryant may quit to keep redshirt and play elsewhere next year. It’s getting hairy down in Clemson folks.

He obviously is thinking of quitting to save redshirt and play elsewhere next year. It’s a me, me, me society.

He’s a bigger, better, stronger, taller, more athletic Skyler Howard. Dana could gear the offense to fit him for 1 year cause he will enroll in January and have a full offseason to learn playbook and get comfortable. I would take him. I think he has potential to be a very good grad transfer.

Makes sense. Can he transfer within ACC? Also Clemson plays at N.C. State next year. Ultimate revenge. NC State has played Clemson close last 2 years.

Last edited:
Makes sense. Can he transfer within ACC? Also Clemson plays at N.C. State next year. Ultimate revenge. NC State has played Clemson close last 2 years.

I think grad transfers are different.
If the ACC wants him in Raleigh he will be in Raleigh.
Clemson won't go against Tobacco Road.

WVU is the better program but not sure if WVU would want him.

Bryant had to live up to Deshaun Watson national title stardom and didn’t have the playmakers Watson had after losing Mike Williams, Leggett, the RB and other WR. They lost great skill playmakers from previous year. He still did very well and led Clemson to Final 4 playoff vs National Champ Alabama.

WVU is the better program but not sure if WVU would want him.

Bryant had to live up to Deshaun Watson national title stardom and didn’t have the playmakers Watson had after losing Mike Williams, Leggett, the RB and other WR. They lost great skill playmakers from previous year. He still did very well and led Clemson to Final 4 playoff vs National Champ Alabama.

It is not about going to a better program it is about becoming a free agent.

If you go through the recruiting process again you can get the benefits for the second time.
Grier has question marks so a lot of schools stayed away from him but Kelly Bryant will be sought after by schools like Tennessee and Arkansas.

Schools who are not afraid of paying for recruits.

Personally, I wouldn't consider having this guy transfer into my school.

He played in three games, lost his job, and quit on his team. If he was a competer, he would be out there trying to win the job back. What happens if the new starter gets injured?

I wouldn't want a quitter on my team, regardless of how much he could help out the team.

IDK, 4 games into the season and he got swapped. He saw the writing on the wall. He wants to play, but not for a coach that isn't faithful.

Kelly Bryant is me, me, me.......that’s obvious.

He had to live up to Deshaun Watson and didn’t have the weapons Watson had the previous year. He could end up very good in the right situation next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT