ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State-Kansas brawl may eliminate players when they face WVU

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
That kind of brawl demands instant action by the Big 12 and NCAA. Player suspensions. It was awful! In a game that was 1 second from being over. So the Kansas State player stole the ball with Kansas running out the clock, so what? So the Kansas player stood over the Kansas State player, a technical, so what? Let them shoot the free throws, doesn't affect outcome of game. But a Kansas State player comes off the bench to get into the brawl? Come on. It's a basketball game, not war in the trenches between Americans and Germans in World War II! It's important for the Big 12 and the NCAA, after studying the game film and TV, to take appropriate action for every player who swung a fist or raised a chair over his head. A message must be sent that this will NOT be allowed by any college team! Disgusting. The game was over for all intents and purposes so it had nothing to do with who won or lost.

Reactions: eerdoc
Kansas is getting bullshitted by ESPN. Kstate player made the ignorant play at half court, and after a routine taunting technical thet happens often, and was dealt with by the ref, k state players attacked, THEIR bench emptied, their players in street clothes threw the first and really mostly only punches, THAT is what escalated it, every technical doesn't end in a brawl unless thug ass idiots like the goofs in purple take it there, which THEY did. Ok a picture tells a thousand words and he has a chair, umm the fu$k it does, he hit NOBODY with it, didnt even swing it, and dropped it himself. Just because k state started a fight twice and lost it doesnt make them victims, ESPN just wants Kansas players suspended for the year to hurt the big 12. So the goof from k state that started the fight and got his ass whooped that is redshirting this year, does he get kicked out of school?? No they arent pushing for that because k state isnt a tourney team and it doesnt hurt the conference

Silvio De Sousa is done.

But you are right about KSU BS in stealing the ball with 3 or 4 seconds to go and try to dunk the ball. But KU should have not worried about and the world of college basketball would have seen KSU as the rats they are.

Ok a picture tells a thousand words and he has a chair, umm the fu$k it does, he hit NOBODY with it, didnt even swing it, and dropped it himself.

It actually looks like someone grabbed it from the back. He also threw a few punches before grabbing that chair. Looks like his true colors coming out. The whole thing is a mess, both teams should face disciplinary action. The game at Kstate should be canceled.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Ok a picture tells a thousand words and he has a chair, umm the fu$k it does, he hit NOBODY with it, didnt even swing it, and dropped it himself.

It actually looks like someone grabbed it from the back. He also threw a few punches before grabbing that chair. Looks like his true colors coming out. The whole thing is a mess, both teams should face disciplinary action. The game at Kstate should be canceled.

So there will be no rematch fight?

Kansas is getting bullshitted by ESPN. Kstate player made the ignorant play at half court, and after a routine taunting technical thet happens often, and was dealt with by the ref, k state players attacked, THEIR bench emptied, their players in street clothes threw the first and really mostly only punches, THAT is what escalated it, every technical doesn't end in a brawl unless thug ass idiots like the goofs in purple take it there, which THEY did. Ok a picture tells a thousand words and he has a chair, umm the fu$k it does, he hit NOBODY with it, didnt even swing it, and dropped it himself. Just because k state started a fight twice and lost it doesnt make them victims, ESPN just wants Kansas players suspended for the year to hurt the big 12. So the goof from k state that started the fight and got his ass whooped that is redshirting this year, does he get kicked out of school?? No they arent pushing for that because k state isnt a tourney team and it doesnt hurt the conference

Reactions: WVUALLEN

you play until the clock strikes 0:00... it’s as simple as that.

It's as simple as why get in a pecker size dispute. Game was over.
Doesn’t matter. It’s a game. Play the game until the last second. Don’t be a mental midget and let a thing like that even bother you if you are winning by that much.

It's as simple as why get in a pecker size dispute. Game was over.

Because that is how K State is coached
You saw it on Saturday. They are going to give you a fight.

Shouldn't have turned out the way it did not Weber and those players aren't going to let that team go sideways

you play until the clock strikes 0:00... it’s as simple as that.

And both teams did. K St player thought he was slick stealing the ball. K U players chased his ass down and swatted that weak crap right back in his face.

Give the T for taunting. Play over. But K St escalated it beyond that point.

And both teams did. K St player thought he was slick stealing the ball. K U players chased his ass down and swatted that weak crap right back in his face.

Give the T for taunting. Play over. But K St escalated it beyond that point.

Kansas players ran over to celebrate and kstate players came over cause they were disrespecting their guy. Act like you’ve won a game before and head over to the bench.

Very surprised only 4 players, 2 from each team, were suspended. I thought there would be more.

Doesn’t matter. It’s a game. Play the game until the last second. Don’t be a mental midget and let a thing like that even bother you if you are winning by that much.

So it's ok for the KSU guy to steal ball but no ok for KU guy to block it. play to the end right.

So it's ok for the KSU guy to steal ball but no ok for KU guy to block it. play to the end right.
NOT OK for Kansas State to steal the ball that is dribbling out the clock. NOT OK for the Kansas guy to stand over and taunt the idiot who stole the ball that no one was protecting because the game was over, except for the game clock running out. Hell, in game after game players on both sides are shaking hands in that situation BEFORE the game clock runs out. This was NOT a "play to the end" situation and you know it. Two idiots do not make a right. I hope Huggins used this as a learning lesson for him team, along with every coach in America.

NOT OK for Kansas State to steal the ball that is dribbling out the clock. NOT OK for the Kansas guy to stand over and taunt the idiot who stole the ball that no one was protecting because the game was over, except for the game clock running out. Hell, in game after game players on both sides are shaking hands in that situation BEFORE the game clock runs out. This was NOT a "play to the end" situation and you know it. Two idiots do not make a right. I hope Huggins used this as a learning lesson for him team, along with every coach in America.

Then I suggest you make your reply's to that skyball person and get off my back before I toss a chair at you.

Reactions: Rootmaster
It’s completely fine. But after the block, don’t be a mental midget and celebrate a blowout win and incite stuff.

It’s completely fine. But after the block, don’t be a mental midget and celebrate a blowout win and incite stuff.

I didn't celebrate. But NCAA should kick a person out for yielding a chair. 12 game suspension is just stupid.

I didn't celebrate. But NCAA should kick a person out for yielding a chair. 12 game suspension is just stupid.

lol I didn’t mean you my man. I meant that Kansas shouldn’t. Both teams acted like dbags and showed asinine behavior.

lol I didn’t mean you my man. I meant that Kansas shouldn’t. Both teams acted like dbags and showed asinine behavior.

I have hit in the head with far too many chairs. Please excuse.

200.gif

By the rules, anyone who fights (punch kick, etc.) OR threatens to are given a flagrant technical foul and by article 11, are to sit out the next game. Regular or tournament. Players who left the bench during the fight can be included as participants in the fight. By rule, the second fight will have the participants out for the season.

Wouldn't matter if none of them were suspended. WVU is going to put a mountain size ass whipping on both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT