ADVERTISEMENT

Just your friendly reminder

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
Some of us wanted to keep Dana and thought Brown was a dud hire.

Meanwhile Houston flipping top WVU football targets.

T
R
O
L
L
?

Fly By Comments inbound
Plane Airplane GIF

T
R
O
L
L
?

Anyone who believes keeping Holgorsen was a good deal is a ****ing moron. Not only was he clearly going to be a coach that just kept teasing the fan base with hope but never actually getting over the hump. But he was going to require roughly the same commitment from WVU that currently has us anchored to Brown. 2 unequal shit deals does not make the slightly better one a good deal.

Keeping Holgorsen for a 5 year, 20+ million guaranteed deal would have been incredibly stupid. Hiring Brown was just as stupid. Giving Brown an extension after 2 nothing seasons way more stupid than the first 2 options. But I will say this, I'd rather the program take a chance and get burned by a new hire like Brown, the stupid extension not withstanding, than just settle for a middling coach with little hope of ever delivering an elite season.

T
R
O
L
L
?

I really liked DH but his time was over...that's ok, things end and that was a really good exit. It was over no matter what. Brown seemed like just an OK hire and he underperformed.

Lyons said some crap that people were marching in the streets happy about Brown being hired - wrong, no...not at all. It seemed like it could be a fit but it wasn't.

Anyone who believes keeping Holgorsen was a good deal is a ****ing moron. Not only was he clearly going to be a coach that just kept teasing the fan base with hope but never actually getting over the hump. But he was going to require roughly the same commitment from WVU that currently has us anchored to Brown. 2 unequal shit deals does not make the slightly better one a good deal.

Keeping Holgorsen for a 5 year, 20+ million guaranteed deal would have been incredibly stupid. Hiring Brown was just as stupid. Giving Brown an extension after 2 nothing seasons way more stupid than the first 2 options. But I will say this, I'd rather the program take a chance and get burned by a new hire like Brown, the stupid extension not withstanding, than just settle for a middling coach with little hope of ever delivering an elite season.

It wasn't going to happen. It was over....both parties had no appetite for it. Unfortunately Lyons took us to a Golden Corral instead of Peter Lugers

I really liked DH but his time was over...that's ok, things end and that was a really good exit. It was over no matter what. Brown seemed like just an OK hire and he underperformed.

Lyons said some crap that people were marching in the streets happy about Brown being hired - wrong, no...not at all. It seemed like it could be a fit but it wasn't.
Holgorsen's time ended here because he wasn't getting the job done. He got out because he knew the bottom was falling out and his ass was going to get fired. Lyons should have canned him after the 2015 season. There were some good candidates available that year that would have been a better fit then Holgorsen. Brown was one of the better candidates on the market when wvu had to conduct a coaching search. It hasn't worked out to date but there was nothing wrong with the resume. Most of the fan base was optimistic when he was hired.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and Euell
DH is a very good OC, but the role of HC fits him poorly. He will eventually be an OC again somewhere, just give it some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT