ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Just spoke with TR and...

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Just finished up speaking with Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake safety Tyrese Ross and as I mentioned the other day West Virginia has a great shot here with an expected decision coming as early as July 7. Ross told me that out of his list it's really more of a top three with West Virginia, Mississippi State and UCLA making up that top group. Ross visited West Virginia for the spring game and told me he was blown away by the experience and felt extremely comfortable on campus. He has built a very strong bond with the coaching staff with Doug Belk, Tony Gibson and Matt Caponi leading the charge and told me that he talks to those three all the time even about stuff outside of football. Ross is originally from Florida and just moved to Georgia so he has long idolized Karl Joseph and told me that the coaches are telling him that he could fill that role and it's something that obviously has his attention. He announced that he could commit July 7, but could push that back some into later in the month but wants to have a commitment out of the way by the end of July. Ross told me that he also has visited Mississippi State and feels comfortable with them but has yet to visit UCLA. Right now, I am bumping him up to HOT on the Hotboard and this one is ticking ever so close to "one to watch," territory. There is still some time for things to change here but Ross really likes what West Virginia has told him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News