ADVERTISEMENT

Just Some Random Thoughts While Taking a Small Break at Work

Blackberry Smoke

All-Conference
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2008
West Virginia
1. As I posted yesterday, I REALLY should have worked yesterday but I just couldn't stand the thought of missing out on watching a "historical win over PSU at home". Needless to say I'm kicking myself now and will be more so later in the week.

2. Boy, doesn't take long to burn through the goodwill built up from a 9-4 season does it?

3. One thing I take some comfort in is the fact the Wren Baker seems to be a pretty sharp dude. I don't think he'll let HCNB hang around "forever" if 9-4 becomes the peak for this program. That "extension" altered the buy-out as well so ol' Wren may have been buying himself some wiggle room.

4. One of the legacies of HCNB's teams will be the inability to make a fourth and one conversion. I can't count the times we have failed to gain one yard during his tenure.

5. What was your "You knew it was over when......." moment yesterday? I think mine was the botched snap on the first play after recovering the PSU fumble.

6. For whatever reason I think the noon start hurt us.

7. Once again, HCNB finds himself in a "must win" game going into Pitt in a couple of weeks. I think when you have a coach who has "must win" games year after year, you probably don't have a really stable/strong program.

8. BTW, if Vandy had lost that game to VT yesterday, someone should fire their head coach for the awful clock management at the end of regulation. Three time-outs with under a minute and a half and you let the clock keep running. Ended up having to attempt (which was missed) a 45 yard field goal when he probably had time to run at least two more plays to get closer.

9. Instant replay does not guarantee the right call will always be made. Shew indeed.

10. That's probably the most discouraged opener I've sat through than probably Nebraska in the Kickoff classic.

11. Secondary STILL a weak link. Not sold on the coaching back there. Where's Jerry Holmes when you need him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.