ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo Fisher organizing efforts to help WV's flood victims

I was just about to post that when I saw bEEr_Nation13 already had. It is a good thing that Jimbo is doing, and it's good that he hasn't forgotten where he came from. I always liked Florida State because of our connection to Bobby Bowden, and I like them even more now.

Other stories are more inclusive: West Virginia natives Nick Saban (Alabama), Jimbo (Florida State) and Rick Trickett (Jimbo's assistant coach) have joined the drive to send uniforms to the 25 West Virginia schools ravaged by floods. Good guys, all of them. Remember their roots.

Maybe Dana and Huggs will join forces with these other coaches in the relief effort. That would be really good. Let's hope so. Warez

I'm 300 miles from Charleston but feel like I should do something for my brethren Mountaineers. I guess I'll go with the Gazette-Mail Mike Casazza's Fund Me project unless you guys have a more effective idea.

It may not be much individually, but there are a bunch of us displaced everyday Joe West Virginians willing to help. Maybe together we can make a small dent in the many needs facing our people.

Bubba Watson and his wife also made a big contribution in money and work. I don't think either of them have WV roots but we sure appreciate the gesture.

Bubba Watson and his wife also made a big contribution in money and work. I don't think either of them have WV roots but we sure appreciate the gesture.

They are beginning to have roots. To me, they are fellow Mountaineers, West Virginians, or what have you. They built or in process of building house around Greenbrier. They've talked highly about the location, the people of the community, etc. He catches some Hell from media and golf fans because he's outspoken and wears his emotions on his sleeves but I think he's a pretty solid dude.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Jimbo gets his own sign in Clarksburg with the National Champion recognition!

IMG_20160711_154644-1024x683.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT