ADVERTISEMENT

It's unfortunate it took the best player Huggins ever signed at WVU leaving

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
For him to put the program first and admit basketball has changed.

Imagine how much better it could be had he not sat in the corner with his arms folded grumbling about straight line drives and created a upbeat fun environment focused on offense.

Kudos for Huggins basically adapting at the last possible second.

Amazing how suddenly this team is looking like a contender when the only thing that changed was HUGGINS huh.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL

Imagine how much better it could be had he not sat in the corner with his arms folded grumbling about straight line drives and created a upbeat fun environment focused on offense.

Amazing how suddenly this team is looking like a contender when the only thing that changed was HUGGINS huh.

So he's adapted, but it wasn't fast enough for you? Almost like there is nothing the guy can do that will be good enough for you. Also the rest of the team playing hard and well of late beguiles your argument that it was mean old Huggs that caused Oscar to be a lazy, out of shape lump on the court. You got to do what you can with what you got, but defense still wins championships and this team has some work to do in that department still.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So he's adapted, but it wasn't fast enough for you? Almost like there is nothing the guy can do that will be good enough for you. Also the rest of the team playing hard and well of late beguiles your argument that it was mean old Huggs that caused Oscar to be a lazy, out of shape lump on the court. You got to do what you can with what you got, but defense still wins championships and this team has some work to do in that department still.
Pay no mind to the constant bitch

Perhaps the dumbest thread ever. Great coaches know how to adapt on the fly. It's why they win 900 games and average 23 plus a season. That so called greatest player will be lucky to see an NBA arena unless he buys a ticket.

If that so called best ever attitude stays the same he won't be at Kentucky long.

Perhaps the dumbest thread ever. Great coaches know how to adapt on the fly. It's why they win 900 games and average 23 plus a season. That so called greatest player will be lucky to see an NBA arena unless he buys a ticket.

If that so called best ever attitude stays the same he won't be at Kentucky long.
I mean him and his BF could go root for Duke or Kentucky right now...

WVU is better with Oscar, despite all his talents. I put that on Oscar, not Huggins. The way WVU played against Texas Tech and the #1 scorer in the Big 12 was a testament to Huggins and his players knowing their roles and sticking to their guns. WVU controlled this game from start to finish, even with Culver on the bench half the game and McBride on the bench for a full quarter, and shut down McClung to 17 points and made him foul out! Most amazing accomplishment this season for my alma mater.

WVU is better with Oscar, despite all his talents. I put that on Oscar, not Huggins. The way WVU played against Texas Tech and the #1 scorer in the Big 12 was a testament to Huggins and his players knowing their roles and sticking to their guns. WVU controlled this game from start to finish, even with Culver on the bench half the game and McBride on the bench for a full quarter, and shut down McClung to 17 points and made him foul out! Most amazing accomplishment this season for my alma mater.
OUT should be between with and Oscar. Otherwise you post is spot on - as, I believe it was McBride said the other day "preparation" is the key. And your post points that out very well.

WVU is better without Oscar, despite all his talents. I put that on Oscar, not Huggins. The way WVU played against Texas Tech and the #1 scorer in the Big 12 was a testament to Huggins and his players knowing their roles and sticking to their guns. WVU controlled this game from start to finish, even with Culver on the bench half the game and McBride on the bench for a full quarter, and shut down McClung to 17 points and made him foul out! Most amazing accomplishment this season for my alma mater.

Fixed it.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
right. I should have said WITHOUT Oscar. His departure improved the team. I think Oscar, uncomfortable in the culture, was poison to team unity. I wish him well. Kentucky needs all the help it can get. Worst 'tuck team in decades!

WHOA Hunter - I don't think he was the best player Huggs ever signed. Hell, he leaves and the team gets better.

WHOA Hunter - I don't think he was the best player Huggs ever signed. Hell, he leaves and the team gets better.

He is. It's just Huggs is such a mean old dinosaur that he made Oscar into slovenly, lazy waste of space on the court. Now that he is away from Huggs, he will win all the awards the next season he plays. It's all on Huggs and not at all on Oscar that Oscar chose to be lazy and soft. At least that is Vault's position because the conclusion is already clear in his mind. He just has to spin the evidence to fit his conclusion.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and Euell
Stay away from the bong! No way Oscar is close to being the best player for Huggins. Da'Sean. Culver. McBride. Just off the top of my head.

He is. It's just Huggs is such a mean old dinosaur that he made Oscar into slovenly, lazy waste of space on the court. Now that he is away from Huggs, he will win all the awards the next season he plays. It's all on Huggs and not at all on Oscar that Oscar chose to be lazy and soft. At least that is Vault's position because the conclusion is already clear in his mind. He just has to spin the evidence to fit his conclusion.

I guess Huggins didn't hug him enough in pregame.

Players who PERFORMED better and helped the team better than Oscar with Huggins as the coach:

Jevon Carter
Derek Culver
Sean McNeil
Miles McBride
Gabe Osabuolien

Enough for a starting 5.

Oscar didn't want to play college ball. He wanted to play pro ball. I don't blame him. Even if Oscar wanted to play college ball, Huggins couldn't figure out how to keep him in the game because of his tendency to get into foul trouble before the game was two minutes old. Maybe Kentucky can figure it out for Oscar............and then it's on to pro ball and the big money. Oscar ain't stupit. He just wants to be payed to play. Duh.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingCoal
If Oscar would have played away from the basket when he was in there with Derek like Huggins wanted him to, this team MAY have been better with Oscar. But Oscar always drifted back into the paint and crowded Derek out along with clogging passing and driving lanes. Huggs gave him every opportunity to handle the ball outside, shoot outside, defend outside........ but he just didn't. That was on top of his inability to keep himself in shape and work on his game over the summer and not putting in the extra time after school started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT