ADVERTISEMENT

It Begins: 20 Heavily Armed IRS and ATF Agents Raid Great Falls Gun Store, Seize Firearm Purchase Records

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001

In an unprecedented move, twenty armed Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) agents carried out a raid on a gun store in Great Falls, Montana, seizing all Form 4473s – documents that record buyer’s information during firearms transactions.

Tom Van Hoose, owner of Highwood Creek Outfitters, alleges that he has been under constant surveillance by state and federal agencies for over two years, KRTV reported.

On Wednesday, the gun shop owner reported an unexpected visit from 20 heavily armed IRS agents at his store.

The agents reportedly arrived at the shop early in the morning, as Van Hoose was opening for the day.

“We have now confirmed that both the IRS and the ATF were at Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls around 7 am this morning. Both the IRS and ATF would not say why they were there,” KMON Radio reported.

“A spokeswoman for the IRS would only say they were there on official IRS business. The ATF says it was providing assistance to the IRS. We attempted to enter the store today and were stopped by agents at the door who would only say that the gun store is closed and will reopen tomorrow,” the news outlet added.

According to Hoose, the federal scrutiny began two years ago and has involved various agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, the Department of Homeland Security, and now, the Internal Revenue Service.

“They must think we’re making a fortune in the gun business to investigate us like this, assuming we’re hiding thousands, hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars. However, anyone familiar with gun business profit margins would know that’s not the case,” Van Hoose told MTN News.

Van Hoose claims that he was simply told his business had been reported, although he remains in the dark about who reported it or why. He conjectures that the whole episode is politically motivated, part of a nationwide pattern.

“I can only assume that it’s because of the style of weapons that we have and the press that’s so against them,” said Van Hoose. “The current administration seems to be hell bent on getting those guns out of the hands of average Americans.”

While he admitted that the agents were professional in their conduct, Van Hoose couldn’t help but feel violated. The day’s operations were disrupted, leading to a significant loss of revenue.

“I had about 30 minutes to operate, making just a single $16 sale,” Hoose said.

Highwood Creek Outfitters is America’s largest online firearms and accessories mall, according to its website. The store is known for selling what Van Hoose calls “fun guns,” including AR-15’s and AK-47s. He believes that the type of weapons they offer results in greater scrutiny due to the licensing requirements associated with such firearms.

Despite this, Van Hoose emphasizes his good relationship with the ATF, which was also present during the IRS visit. “We are known for meticulous adherence to laws and regulations. It’s not worth getting into trouble,” he added.

Clinton

@614clinton

Listen up gun owners!!

If the IRS or police come to your house.....

Know your rights!!

Never answer any questions.
Example:

Hello, I'm IRS agent Smith.
We would like to verify a handgun purchase that you made at ABC gun store.

Your Response - "I don't answer questions."

IRS agent Smith: Do you mind if we come in and check your weapons?

Home Owner: I don't consent to any searches or seizure of my property.

IRS agent: Why?

Home owner: I don't answer questions.

IRS agent: Can I get your I.D. so I can document who I spoke with.

Home owner: No, you can't see my I.D. unless you have reasonable articulable suspicion that I've committed a crime.

IRS Agent: Well, we are investigating, so I need your I.D.

Home Owner: The law states I only have to show you my ID, If and when you have reasonable articulable suspicion that I have committed a crime.

Pass it on!!

So this is what the 87,000 IRS agents are being used for.

More weaponization of government agencies against The People and against political opponents.

The left is destroying our country and the bleaters bleat and bend the knee to their messiahs.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
So this is what the 87,000 IRS agents are being used for.

More weaponization of government agencies against The People and against political opponents.

The left is destroying our country and the bleaters bleat and bend the knee to their messiahs.
Shouldn't the warrant be made public? I'm sort waiting to see the reasons behind this . I can't understand why they just wanted the application forms . This all should be made public and very transparent to stop any conspiracy theories getting started. If they are not completely transparent than something dirty is going on .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT