ADVERTISEMENT

Is Devin Williams's situation....

BoremanEer

All-Conference
Jan 29, 2003
....like that of Kevin Pittsnoggle years ago, where, if things do not look promising in the NBA combines, that he can return to the Mountaineer program? Or is this a situation where he is gone irregardless?

....like that of Kevin Pittsnoggle years ago, where, if things do not look promising in the NBA combines, that he can return to the Mountaineer program? Or is this a situation where he is gone irregardless?
His departure was worded almost identical to Smallwood's so I think Dev is gone regardless. He's not really leaving any room to come back. People change their minds, but if Dev was simply testing the waters, this whole song and dance would not have been released.

Is that your insider opinion? Because his Mom disagrees:

http://thedpost.com/Williams-enters-draft,-not-closi?platform=hootsuite

"Reports that followed the announcement pointed to Williams signing with an agent and effectively ending his college career.

Angela, who moved to Morgantown this past summer and lives in an apartment with her son, refuted those reports, saying the family have never discussed that option.

All that stuff started coming out and we don’t know how it all began. That was crazy,” she said."

I can tell you how it began, Angela.

When Rita leaves...............Rita's gone. Same for Devin Williams. Don't believe me? Ask Delbert McClinton.

Just read an old article about their family & some things that've gone on. I really hope it all works out for all of them in any event. Devin's a good guy and means well, I believe. One of my favorite players the program's ever had.

Recently watched this video/story on Marshall Henderson formerly of Ole Miss and his experience playing overseas.
Was really interesting. Also surprising which places pay more than others. A lot of people didn't like him, but I thought he was entertaining as all get out.

Yes................DW is the real deal. Let's hope he does well wherever he goes.

Henderson's team was playing in Iraq a while back................... and he wore a "American: Back to Back World War Champions" shirt while the team warmed up........

lol

btw.......... when people ask about what kind of money is out there in Europe and Asia for guys like Williams, Henderson signed for this last year, after playing in Italy and Qatar

In mid-February 2015, Henderson signed a $10,000 per month contract with Naft Al-Janoob of the Iraqi Division I Basketball League.

Even in a war zone, cats get paid.... He played there 6 months until he joined the NBA preseason camp.

"Reports that followed the announcement pointed to Williams signing with an agent and effectively ending his college career.

Angela, who moved to Morgantown this past summer and lives in an apartment with her son, refuted those reports, saying the family have never discussed that option.

All that stuff started coming out and we don’t know how it all began. That was crazy,” she said."

I can tell you how it began, Angela.

What does she know anyhow? We got KC giving us the real dope.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT