ADVERTISEMENT

Is David Israel ready?

MountainBill

All-American
May 29, 2001
If he is ready to play and is eligible might want to burn that red shirt. I don't like our chances against Oklahoma or whoever we get in a bowl with a pure passing QB. Our line is too weak.

Why? Why burn a redshirt for one game and a bowl game? The game against OU is meaningless, sad to say.......but it is. If we win, we get to 8 wins and still don't get to the conference championship. We lose, we are 7-5 (yippie!!!!) and go to a bowl.

Play Chugs, probably get our butts kicked, then come home and talk about next year....

Is Crest still on the team? He can't be any worse than Chugonov. Just put him in the wildcat with with McKoy and Crawford in the backfield and play ball control like K State does.

And as frustrated as I got with Dana's play calling at times, he needs to take it back over and get rid of Spavital. Spav sucks.

The lack of an intermediate passing game is frustration, it's nothing but sideways screens or a bomb downfield.

I was expecting Jennings to have 20 catches for 30 yards yesterday.

Reactions: dbolt4wvu and GoWVU
I read on one site that Israel is being redshirted and that David Sills would be the back-up for Chugunov.
What difference does it make. It would have been a long shot beating Oklahoma with Grier. We couldn't beat Va tech, Tcu or Okie State with him. All 3 of these teams are significantly weaker than Oklahoma. The fact that Chugunov is the back up should tell you something about the options currently available behind Grier.

Is Crest still on the team? He can't be any worse than Chugonov. Just put him in the wildcat with with McKoy and Crawford in the backfield and play ball control like K State does.

And as frustrated as I got with Dana's play calling at times, he needs to take it back over and get rid of Spavital. Spav sucks.

The lack of an intermediate passing game is frustration, it's nothing but sideways screens or a bomb downfield.

Always blaming someone else. The buck stops at the top.

Reactions: GoWVU

Yes, Crest is on the team......#86 (I Believe)

I'd like to see 10-15 plays with Crest in the Wildcat running the read-option. If it's successful, maybe 20-25 plays.

I didn't think Chugs was terrible. I thought he was average, which isn't bad for a guy with the limited snaps and playing time that he has.

One of my biggest frustrations is how we have 4 RB's (Crawford, McKoy, Pettaway, and Bush) and we try to share the snaps between three of them (Bush lost his redshirt and rarely gets in for 5 plays a game.....that's a waste). Personally, I think McKoy is the better back than the others. Give him the bulk of the carries. Crawford tries to hit a long run on every snap.

This^^^^^^

If he is ready to play and is eligible might want to burn that red shirt. I don't like our chances against Oklahoma or whoever we get in a bowl with a pure passing QB. Our line is too weak.

Isreal couldn't carry Crest's jock. I doubt if he every sees the field.

What difference does it make. It would have been a long shot beating Oklahoma with Grier. We couldn't beat Va tech, Tcu or Okie State with him. All 3 of these teams are significantly weaker than Oklahoma. The fact that Chugunov is the back up should tell you something about the options currently available behind Grier.
They are a big difference between practice and then playing the QB position, it’s just some people don’t do as good in practice and when they get in a game they are a totally different animal

They are a big difference between practice and then playing the QB position, it’s just some people don’t do as good in practice and when they get in a game they are a totally different animal
There isn't any white knight coming to save wvu now that Grier is down.

This season is lost. We have no chance at a championship of any type. So the remaining games are nothing more than exhibitions. Why burn any red shirts for that?

You play him to have somebody ready for next year. If Grier leaves then we have no proven QBs to step in next year. Another year to say "what about next year"? I don't see an offensive line on our roster capable of sustaining blocks for a passing qb and based on the stable of backs we have and our production this year they can't run block either....A QB that can burn you with his feet as well as his arm is the ticket.

This season is lost. We have no chance at a championship of any type. So the remaining games are nothing more than exhibitions. Why burn any red shirts for that?

The games are intended to entertain us folks. It ain't about championships. It's about money and entertainment. Holgs is making $80,000 a week to keep you entertained. Don't tell me I'm wrong. Warez

Throw the new guy to the dogs. The kid comes off the bench With no game experience with first team. WR and QB are not in sync. The backup plays as the opposing QB in practice. Chugs off the bench did a fair job for what he had to do.

He is a different style QB has no mobility. He has a good arm doesn't have the timing the with the starting team. OC gave him basic plays to run. Biggest problem was unable to check off his #1 WR. He telegraphed the route. His turnover was due to OL being terrible.

I thought Chuggs played well considering the role he got thrust into. I would like to see some wildcat with a RB like Crawford. Why not? I thought these guys were offensive minds... Sprinkle in a couple plays a game and now you force a defense to have to prepare for it.

I thought Chuggs played well considering the role he got thrust into. I would like to see some wildcat with a RB like Crawford. Why not? I thought these guys were offensive minds... Sprinkle in a couple plays a game and now you force a defense to have to prepare for it.

Holgs is a genius when it comes to the offense! I got the word years ago while he was the HC in-waiting. Warez

put crest in and run the triple option all day.

at least it would be fun to watch.

Why? Why burn a redshirt for one game and a bowl game? The game against OU is meaningless, sad to say.......but it is. If we win, we get to 8 wins and still don't get to the conference championship. We lose, we are 7-5 (yippie!!!!) and go to a bowl.

Play Chugs, probably get our butts kicked, then come home and talk about next year....
I agree, but do we press Sills into action in case of injury to Chugs? We should not burn the red-shirt in the last game or bowl like we did last year.

You play him to have somebody ready for next year. If Grier leaves then we have no proven QBs to step in next year. Another year to say "what about next year"? I don't see an offensive line on our roster capable of sustaining blocks for a passing qb and based on the stable of backs we have and our production this year they can't run block either....A QB that can burn you with his feet as well as his arm is the ticket.
Israel will NOT be playing. We have Jack Allison next year if Will leaves. Israel is a development player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT