ADVERTISEMENT

Instagram: From the aCC Tourney in DC

OK ... what next? An Instagram from the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tourney?

Did you know that a guard from Iona (of the MAAC) is one of the five finalists for the Jerry West Shooting Guard of the Year Award, an award given by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

2016 Jerry West Shooting Guard of the Year Award Finalists
Grayson Allen, Duke
A. J. English, Iona
Buddy Hield, Oklahoma
Josh Hart, Villanova
Malcolm Brogdon, Virginia

The award will be presented in LA in April.

OK. Who has the next conference update from across the land?

The reason for the link is to the photo of the West Virginia fan holding the "E_T _ _ ITT Pitt" sign.

Otherwise, thanks for the info.
And, relax.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Pretty lame that some people are still obsessed with a team we don't even play to make a sign and go to a game in which WVU is not playing.

Makes our fan base look stupid.

Pitt is back on schedule.....and....do you hate Notre Dame, VPI, Penn State, etc.....because we don't play them either.

I know I do...

No I don't like them. But I don't go to sporting events where they are playing and hold up signs telling them to eat shit.

It's looks like a desperate cry for attention, and it's things like this that make other fanbases mock us.

The reason for the link is to the photo of the West Virginia fan holding the "E_T _ _ ITT Pitt" sign.

Otherwise, thanks for the info.
And, relax.

I'm very relaxed and that player from Iona is in some good company.

I'm very relaxed and that player from Iona is in some good company.

"Jack Fleming's house was above the old stadium," Cook continued. "He told me, when he was a child, Pitt would come out on the field, and he would sit on his mother's lap. His mother would point down at them. And his mother would say, 'Son, that's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You hate Pitt tomorrow. You hate Pitt until the day you die. After that, you will hate Pitt for eternity.' "

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Pretty lame that some people are still obsessed with a team we don't even play to make a sign and go to a game in which WVU is not playing.

Makes our fan base look stupid.
Pretty sad that a twatbag millineal would actuall make a response like that to a post about Pitt. Get over yourself.

Pretty sad that a twatbag millineal would actuall make a response like that to a post about Pitt. Get over yourself.

Calls me a "twatbag" and then calls me millineal. The irony in that.

111k posts on a message board, someone needs to get a job, or a life if not both.

That's your opinion, I love it!! Never pass up an opportunity to remind them that they eat shit!!

Do you see Pitt fans rolling up to WVU games holding up signs telling to eat shit?

Nah, you don't, and I know your next joke is going to be how Pitt has no fans, but have you not seen both Huggins and Holgorsen complain about our attendance?

Stop looking like the desperate ex-girlfriend and lets focus on our current conference foes.

Do you see Pitt fans rolling up to WVU games holding up signs telling to eat shit?

Nah, you don't, and I know your next joke is going to be how Pitt has no fans, but have you not seen both Huggins and Holgorsen complain about our attendance?

Stop looking like the desperate ex-girlfriend and lets focus on our current conference foes.
Or......

You could buy a giant bag of STFU.

Why should I care what other fans do? I enjoy saying eat shit Pitt every chance I get!! Doesn't hurt a soul!! Feel free to focus on whatever you like, unlike you, I don't feel it's my place to tell others how they should act!!

Last edited:
"Jack Fleming's house was above the old stadium," Cook continued. "He told me, when he was a child, Pitt would come out on the field, and he would sit on his mother's lap. His mother would point down at them. And his mother would say, 'Son, that's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You hate Pitt tomorrow. You hate Pitt until the day you die. After that, you will hate Pitt for eternity.' "

I loved Jack. The voices of Jack and Woody will reverberate in my soul until the day I die.

But that said .... it was nonsense like you just quoted that did nothing but stir the neurotic tendencies in our fan base.

You know that fan is short for fanatic,right? Sports is one place where it's ok, even celebrated, to revel in hated of your foes, even old ones.

As far as our new conference foes, give it time. Grudges aren't built in a day. Besides, our fanbase has already developed a healthy dislike of TCU and Baylor.

I loved Jack. The voices of Jack and Woody will reverberate in my soul until the day I die.

But that said .... it was nonsense like you just quoted that did nothing but stir the neurotic tendencies in our fan base.

People are individuals and we each define fan-hood in different ways and even within the same fan's lifetime that expression may manifest in various ways. Just because a particular expression does not suit you does not mean you have the right to criticize it. I doubt you are upset that man holding up the sign is a Mountaineer. What you are upset about is his manner of expressing that fanaticism. This implies that you expect others to conform to your ideals so that you do not have to account for these types of gestures to fans of other universities.

My posting of that excerpt was to imply that differences that have been a part of WVU far longer than either of us have been fans. For some of us, this is a serious part of who we are and for others, it seems it is an embarrassment. No fan has to atone for the actions of others, I don't. I think those guys burning couches are doing something I would never do, but I do not feel the need to explain it to others nor do I feel I have the right to call them on their actions. I am not the local authorities nor am I God dictating how others live their life.

My suggestions is for you to relax. West Virginia has plenty of crazy people and many of them are fans of WVU. Every school has them. Let them be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT