ADVERTISEMENT

In my opinion, WVU should turn down a CBI invite (if offered)

5-Technique

Junior
May 14, 2018
Johnny Ola's house
There's a ton to be done and I'm guessing they have enough film on every player to make roster determinations for next year. The entire staff will have an opportunity to be out on the road recruiting as a P5 school with recent tourney success while everyone else is still playing and that advantage should be significant.

I thought you need a winning record to play in cbi?
There's a ton to be done and I'm guessing they have enough film on every player to make roster determinations for next year. The entire staff will have an opportunity to be out on the road recruiting as a P5 school with recent tourney success while everyone else is still playing and that advantage should be significant.

huggins thinks it is a good move then why not i am for it matthews,culver, mcCabe,knapper needs the extra play

c

I don't think the team needs more practice, they need more players. Practice isn't going to fix that.

They most certainly should play...The more work the better and an opportunity to play some more home basketball games.

A last place team with a 12-19 record is not a good candidate for any post season tournament.

Lol...come on folks you sound clueless! It is a buy in tournament. Designed to give teams who are young extra practice. Costs only 50,000 which gets offset by tickets etc. Like most of today's football games. Good thing for this emerging team.

Rootmaster actually said something sports based that made sense.

McCabe, Knapper, Horton, Mathews, Culver need the work just because they are raw freshmen. They will all end up a lot better next year.

I think McCabe, Knapper, Horton, Mathews need it the most. They are guards, wings that are getting used to the timing, length and speed of this level. Very good for Knapper especially. He just needs reps, confidence. He will grow, develop, improve next year with a full healthy offseason.

12-20 WVU versus 18-13 Marshall. Huggs will change his mind, unless they match you up with someone like Stetson or Furman.

Rootmaster actually said something sports based that made sense.

McCabe, Knapper, Horton, Mathews, Culver need the work just because they are raw freshmen. They will all end up a lot better next year.

I think McCabe, Knapper, Horton, Mathews need it the most. They are guards, wings that are getting used to the timing, length and speed of this level. Very good for Knapper especially. He just needs reps, confidence. He will grow, develop, improve next year with a full healthy offseason.

Agreed - we've basically been playing our JV team versus other varsity squads. Our guys need more experience, which will pay off in the next couple of years.

Normally I would agree, but considering that we went from an unwatchable dumpster fire a month and a half ago to a team that actually showed some promise in the last few weeks, I think it's a good idea.

I thought you need a winning record to play in cbi?

No you don't need a winning record.

2018: North Texas went 15-17 on the season and finished seventh in Conference USA, its highest-ever finish. CBI champion, North Texas, took a losing record into the tournament winning the CBI.

2017 5 teams had losing records. The worst being 15-18
2018 4 teams had losing records. The worst being 15-17.

Utah State had a 13-17 record. Currently the worst record invited CBI

8 teams have used the CBI to springboard to the NCAA Tournament the following year, while another 18 have gone on to the NIT.

IMO WVU should turn down an invite to the CBI. Hasn't McCabe been nursing an injury to his knee and is planning on having surgery. Why risk a more serious injury playing in a pay to play piece of crap tournament.

Lol...come on folks you sound clueless! It is a buy in tournament. Designed to give teams who are young extra practice. Costs only 50,000 which gets offset by tickets etc. Like most of today's football games. Good thing for this emerging team.

$50K? Heck I might put a team in. Anybody here any good?

Reactions: Rootmaster
The point is...extra practice. Doesn't really matter who they play.

I understand where you are coming from, but...

What if one of these key players gets injured(yea, I know they can do that walking to class)? McCabe needs knee surgery as it is. Huggs has stated that Culver is beat up. The team will get all the practice it needs with the overseas trip..."more important than the games, which have wildly varying degrees of competition, coaches covet the 10 days of practice that come with it." The players that stay will be getting plenty of extra practice without playing in this "L" tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT