ADVERTISEMENT

I'm trying to process everything that I'm getting

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
I will tell you that I absolutely do not expect Bob Huggins to return as the head coach of WVU. It's my understanding that he and the rest of the staff are aware of that. There are some things that Bob can do that will allow him to be back at the University in some capacity but again not as a coach.

The following is not meant to excuse Huggins in any way but he did have a driver arranged for his trip and their plans changed. He stopped in to see some friends and things got out of control from there. He was headed back to Morgantown when he missed an exit and ended up in some heavy concert traffic. I believe he then hit a sidewalk and damaged the tire(s).

I really can't tell you what is going to happen but he has been told he could resign or be fired and I think that window may have passed. Bob is insanely hard-headed and let's hope that he doesn't wait it out and let them fire him when he could go out somewhat gracefully.

As for the players Wren met with them and explained that it was his obligation to go over their transfer options. He didn't tell them anything about what was going to happen beyond that but asked for their patience. He also had a meeting with the rest of the staff and that one seems to have those guys nervous, as you would expect because they're in limbo as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News