ADVERTISEMENT

I'm guessing the new CA law...

5-Technique

Junior
May 14, 2018
Johnny Ola's house
...would mean that Adidas did nothing wrong with its affiliation with Kansas basketball as it was a "third party" and the student-athletes were not paid directly by Kansas. Is this really what we as a whole want college athletics to turn into?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Its going to end up badly that's for sure. ESPN will back a model that supports its desires, that benefits its bullhorns the most. College football has the least amount of parity it has had since the black and white no scholarship limit days, it will only get worse and basketball will catch up soon enough. It may take a minute but its headed that way

Reactions: Rootmaster
It will be much worse in my opinion. This will make that legal and turn college sports into the me and you or us sports.

I don't have a problem with paying a player and allowing them their own YouTube spots for pay or having a job. But allowing them to work for corporations to sell products would be insane.

Talk about setting things up for failure for a high school kid. What if he injures himself and can't play anymore? Good bye contract hello streets.

Reactions: Rootmaster
It will destroy college football as we know it!! All the tradition, everything!!

We live in an era where one malcontent (person or group) can force everyone to change and dance to their tune. This California law is an example. The chase of money has been killing college athletics for a long time. This is just another step down the slippery slope. Nothing will ever be enough.

...would mean that Adidas did nothing wrong with its affiliation with Kansas basketball as it was a "third party" and the student-athletes were not paid directly by Kansas. Is this really what we as a whole want college athletics to turn into?

Yeah lets hope it never turns into what it already is....

Even if it is already that, why make it even worse? Spend the energy punishing the ncaa for bowing down to ESPN and letting certain teams and coaches off the hook. ESPN was laughing over the weekend about the FBI being involved in college hoops so just let them go, but espn and their money driven favoritism BS are the main reason it takes the FBI to get any justice in college sports. Better make it all legal now before the FBI moves on from shoe companies and heads over to Bristol. If the shoe.companies are mob families, and certain teams are made men, and certain recruits are nephews of the boss, then espn every mob boss ever and the devil having a love child. It will finish off what is almost finished off already. The college football playoff, who is always there? what's their recruiting averages and average margains of victory? And how many repeat different teams lately? It's the New York state lottery, and it's only between 4 different people

Who do we blame?

Donald Trump
The Liberals
Russians
The Jews
ESPN

Is it a combination of them all. Seriously some people need to take a step back and realize that all their anger towards things are imprinted into their mind.
Pretty much become robots programmed to think and react a certain way.

Don't blame me.

Let you on a little secret Rootcanal.
You are your own worst enemy. You are the only thing that can change your life. Who cares about this law. Doesn't change my life so why get upset about it.
You are just wasting time getting worked up about something that doesn't change anything in your life

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT