ADVERTISEMENT

I'm glad Trump scrapped plans for upgrading Air Force One....

How do you know that $4B is reasonable? You haven't a clue. Are you in business? I doubt it, otherwise you'd recognize what Trump is doing. It's called getting a better price. New sheriff. Old way of doing business is ending.

From what I understand, there wasn't even an agreed upon contract and the $4B number was something Trump came up, made up, fabricated..... Donald is Donald. He lives in his own parallel universe.

From what I understand, there wasn't even an agreed upon contract and the $4B number was something Trump came up, made up, fabricated..... Donald is Donald. He lives in his own parallel universe.

Completely untrue. Glenn Kessler at Wash Post fact checker confirmed the number.

Can't believe how many liberals in this board have no idea how business is conducted. Trump does not need to know the cost of producing Air Force One. He is simply trying to get the price down. Let me ask you a very basic question. When you buy something from the store do you know how much it costs? No way.
You don't disparage one of the nation's cornerstone companies by leading with 'cancel the contract' unless you actually have sound information that they have gone overboard.

How would you understand anything about this deal? Are you getting being up to speed on a daily basis by the Obama/Trump transition teams?

Can't believe how many liberals in this board have no idea how business is conducted. Trump does not need to know the cost of producing Air Force One. He is simply trying to get the price down. Let me ask you a very basic question. When you buy something from the store do you know how much it costs? No way.
[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Every single cost? Nope, but I do understand that the price everybody pays includes the accumulated cost of the product from design to delivery. There's no understanding of anything in anything Trump tweets about. He's demonstrated throughout his campaign and almost daily since the election that thinking before shooting off his mouth or his Twitter account is not in his makeup.

How would you understand anything about this deal? Are you getting being up to speed on a daily basis by the Obama/Trump transition teams?

Statements by Boeing executives made to NPR indicated that they are working under a $175M contract right now and that the costs for the planes when built would be around $3B. They have no idea where Trump came up with the $4B number

Statements by Boeing executives made to NPR indicated that they are working under a $175M contract right now and that the costs for the planes when built would be around $3B. They have no idea where Trump came up with the $4B number
Good......maybe it can all be straightened out by 2024.

Well obviously he must be working with all the facts in front of him because he said 'CANCEL THE ORDER'.

Reactions: WhiteTailEER
Well obviously he must be working with all the facts in front of him because he said 'CANCEL THE ORDER'.

Gless Kessler, a noted liberal fact checker for the Wash Post, says that the final cost is likely to be around $4B. He hates Trump. But he seems to confirm the cost figure.

Gless Kessler, a noted liberal fact checker for the Wash Post, says that the final cost is likely to be around $4B. He hates Trump. But he seems to confirm the cost figure.
There's no order yet. He said to cancel something that doesn't even exist yet just to rattle Boeing and appear like he's leading. There's not enough information on the table yet to know if Boeing's plans were going to be reasonable or not. But no, Biff unzipped his fly and peed on it for no other reason than to act like a bully.

Reactions: RichardPeterJohnson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT