ADVERTISEMENT

I'm beating the trolls to this one.....

I don't know, half of our fans want Rich back, and he was far worse at UM than Hoke.

The people who want to bring RR back do so hoping the program can return to the days between 2005-2007. The program hasn't achieved that level of consistent success since his departure. Rich rod wasn't successful at implementing his system at Michigan. His teams did get better each year he was there but at a school like Michigan they expect results immediately. Brady hoke had 1 good year at michigan with mostly RR recruits his teams got consistently worse each season he was there. RR currently is employed as a head coach at a power 5 program an Brady hoke is not. There where allot of head coaching vacancies last season an Brady hoke failed to get a Head coaching job. The only opinions that matter how good a coach is or isn't is the ones willing to pay the money to make the hire in the 1st place. RR is still getting HC job offers Brady Hoke isn't

Last edited:
Reactions: pressvirginia
Although their history isn't the greatest, Baylor has upgraded facilities, a recent Heisman winner, deep pockets, and have established themselves in talent-rich, Texas. I could easily see Holgs running to Baylor.

Although their history isn't the greatest, Baylor has upgraded facilities, a recent Heisman winner, deep pockets, and have established themselves in talent-rich, Texas. I could easily see Holgs running to Baylor.

The only thing the word running and Baylor have in common is the amount of recruits running away from Baylor

And if things are nearly equal in most areas, do you really want to piss off not one, but two billionaires who are major contributors? One being the head of the Houston Board of Governors and the other a UT supporter. If Texas wants it and is willing to give the other choice to everyone else, it just might happen. We'll know shortly.

If the money guys get their way it will happen right away. If not, it will drag out if it happens at all. Many UT fans and supporters want out of the B12.
my guess is Houston gets in because the Big 12 doesn't want the SEC to add another Texas school......i.e., Houston to further solidify its status in Texas. It's looking more and more like Houston and Cincy gets in. No to BYU because of several negatives that they have........mainly the Sunday thing.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Well, not that I'm pushing the guy out the door, but his significant coaching experience has come from the states of Oklahoma and Texas. He knows the universities, he should know the high schools, and it is common knowledge that 2016 will determine Dana's future at WVU. With their facilities, funding, and location, Baylor could be viewed as a step-up from us in the Big 12.

It would be a stretch if you consider the history and size of the schools, but to me it would be more like a lateral move with new security. The problem is, Coach Holgorsen's current head coaching resume' wouldn't even get a sniff. At this point in his HC career he couldn't carry Coach Briles' clipboard as a play caller and game strategist. Hopefully that is about to change.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
After all the speculation Baylor has hired Jim Grobe.......good hire IMHO

As they have every right to be. As well as the students. No one should get special treatment, especially with criminal violations.

..about that too.

I know admins had limited options but this is a horrible hire (except that he's most likely just a puppet).

..about that too.

I know admins had limited options but this is a horrible hire (except that he's most likely just a puppet).

most interim hires are puppets he has a reputation as a man of high integrity and has no ties to the scandal. If they would have given the Interim job to someone on the current staff the questions could have continued as to what role they played in it

As an outsider, can anyone shed light on why Holgerson turned down the contract extension? Is he negotiating for more money? Wants a longer term deal? Wants promise of facilities upgrades?

I heard that Holgerson turned down the contract over money. He wants to make 6 annually. Yes...$6 Million! That's over $100,000 a dadgum week ............!!!! He could make that much at WVU but he must win the NC in 2016 to be paid this kind of jack.

I heard that Holgerson turned down the contract over money. He wants to make 6 annually. Yes...$6 Million! That's over $100,000 a dadgum week ............!!!! He could make that much at WVU but he must win the NC in 2016 to be paid this kind of jack.
Essentially, Holgs is ALL IN for the 2016 season. The gamble is that the team performs well enough for him to receive a longer term, $6 MM before the 2017 season - and as a Mountaineer alum, I wish him lots of luck!

I can't understand this thing about Texas wanting to leave the Big 12. It has some real power in the conference. If it went to Big 10 or the SEC it would not have that kind of
influence. I suggest that they should stay put and try and contribute something for the good of the conference. It'll work out.

Baylor sucked for 100 years before they got Briles. Where were those deep pocketed boosters before Briles came along? Did they just start getting rich after Baylor started winning under Briles?
You'd be surprised Baylor is the Duke medical school of the Southwest. Many Doctor and Attorney boosters with deep pockets. Although Baylor did suck for 20 yrs before AB took over, historically they had some decent teams through the years.

Reactions: CAJUNEER
$6 million bucks . . . word has it that he wants to make $6 million bucks a year - which WVU is not willing to give him at this point.

Well why would Wvu pay DH 6 million a year? That would make him the 3rd highest paid coach in college football. We might as well hire Urban Meyer and pay him 6 million he would get a raise from what OSU is paying him

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

I can't really see the future like some on here, but WVU is not going to win a NC in 2016. Not saying never, but not this year. I will bet that WVU will be a member of the coming ACAA along with about 64 other teams when they leave the NCAA. It's simply a matter of time.

I can't really see the future like some on here, but WVU is not going to win a NC in 2016. Not saying never, but not this year.

Don't see a NC in 2016 either but with Oklahoma and maybe Oklahoma State as the only 2 programs that may better than last year the door is definitely open for a 9+ win season and top 3 finish within the conference which would be a step in the right direction.

Meyer considering WVU.........LOL aahahahahahahaha

It would definitely be a stretch but for those who think Wvu is gonna pay 6 million a year for a coach which would be the 3rd highest payed in college football they obviously don't set the bar high if they actually think DH deserves to be the 3rd Highest payed coach

It would definitely be a stretch but for those who think Wvu is gonna pay 6 million a year for a coach which would be the 3rd highest payed in college football they obviously don't set the bar high if they actually think DH deserves to be the 3rd Highest payed coach

If true asking for $6 million per is his way of saying see ya.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT