ADVERTISEMENT

Igorant to shrug off mighty Big 12

Kentucky is a nice win. This isn’t a great Kentucky team. If your argument is KSU is anything other than a middle of the pack team that has caught an unreal break in this tournament your not on solid footing. For the record I’ve always posted the Big12 hoops is always Top 1,2 or 3. You know that 5-0. What is overrated is the meat grinder describtion by a few. That’s all.
Tournament results don't really agree with you. Just saying.

When the Big XII had the number 1 RPI
Greg Jacobs and his fanboy posse said wait until the tournament

So at the Sweet 16
The Big XII had 4 and the ACC had 4
At the Elite 8
The Big XII 3 and the ACC has 2

I am sure GregJacobs will attempt to create a new narrative along with his other accounts

Last edited:
LOL @ this thread. Arguing about the best conference is no different than politics. You're always going to take your own conference's side. I remember when the New Big East was the greatest conference ever assembled. Even with a handful of bottom feeders. And that's the exact opposite of what some of you are arguing against now. Personally I feel going to the conference card is for fans of teams that just aren't one of the big boys.

LOL @ this thread. Arguing about the best conference is no different than politics. You're always going to take your own conference's side. I remember when the New Big East was the greatest conference ever assembled. Even with a handful of bottom feeders. And that's the exact opposite of what some of you are arguing against now. Personally I feel going to the conference card is for fans of teams that just aren't one of the big boys.
Best post of this, or any other, year above. Fans of SEC football bottom feeders like Kentucky started this crap to live vicariously through conference mates because of their inability to succeed on the field. My guess is that the overwhelming majority of WVU fans have WVU bumper stickers and/or wear WVU clothing, but do not own a Big 12 bumper sticker or clothes that feature a Big 12 logo, without a WVU logo.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Best post of this, or any other, year above. Fans of SEC football bottom feeders like Kentucky started this crap to live vicariously through conference mates because of their inability to succeed on the field. My guess is that the overwhelming majority of WVU fans have WVU bumper stickers and/or wear WVU clothing, but do not own a Big 12 bumper sticker or clothes that feature a Big 12 logo, without a WVU logo.

How funny.

SEC chants started in the early 90's by the Piggies during Arkansas' last trip to ATX
UT had a half time show to celebrate the SWC and Arkansas leaving so the Piggy fans in attendance started chanting SEC

The SEC/Big Ten pissing contest has been going on since the 90's.
It became even more noticeable in the late 90's when the SEC started winning the majority of the bowl games

What truthfully kicked the conference honking was when Auburn was left out in 2004 and when the national media started calling for a Ohio St/Michigan rematch in 2006
So when UF beat Ohio St for the NC Florida fans started chanting SEC and I guess that struck a nerve in the South

The majority of the reason was that for a lot of years in CFB
Anything outside of the Rose Bowl was considered to be not important and schools like Texas and a lot of schools in the South did not get their true respect

Since about 98
Only schools outside of the South to win have been Ohio St and USC

This is because of the BCS and now the CFP

Reactions: Wildcat414
One of the best examples I can use is 1983

Auburn should have won the NC.
Nebraska was ranked #1 and was not the best team but played #5 Miami in the Orange Bowl and lost on a failed 2 point conversions

Because it was watched by the most people and was the last bowl game Miami was awarded the NC even though Florida killed Miami early in the season

The best three teams were Auburn, Texas and Georgia but they played a round robin and all went 1-1 against each other

But they played boring defensive football
UGA was able to beat #2 Texas in the Cotton Bowl 10-9 on a muffed punt

Are you a Pitt fan/Ohio St fan or WVU fan?
Pick a side Greg

Anyway I actually feel sorry for Ohio St

Urban Meyer has made them dependant on Texas players

Michigan is as well.
Seems like Texas is getting their claws into the B1G

Noah Cain's recruitment is going to be interesting to say the least

I think it will turn out like Anthony Cook

Seems like the twitter war between UT/Ohio St coaches was attempting to fuel something

Maybe it was UT pushing in on Ohio ST's camp in San Marcos

Pick a side Greg

Michigan is as well.

Seems like the twitter war between UT/Ohio St coaches was attempting to fuel something

I'm not Greg, but you're clearly the same idiot who used at least five different handles that were banned before. Get the hint: I don't give a flying f##k what some knuckle-dragging Texan thinks about anything.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Pick a side Greg

Michigan is as well.

Nah, Michigan and Ohio State recruit nationally is all. While Ohio State has primarily relied on Ohio talent prior to Urban arriving, they adapted to their head coach. While at Florida he had his type of speed edge rushers, midwestern kids are usually more stout, stuff the run types.

Harbaugh just does Harbaugh things. I would find it more concerning that Urban and Jim are taking coveted players from your state if I were you Texas fan. That means the ties to Longhorn fanhood is eroding quickly.

Worst P5 football conference. Best P5 basketball conference....Go figure.

Not sure about that for 2018
So far in the preseason polls seen 60% of the conference ranked somewhere with 30% ranked in every poll

Oklahoma
West Virginia
Texas
Kansas St
TCU
Oklahoma St

In 2017 the Big XII was the second or third best football conference

I think 2018 going into the season it is on par with the ACC
The ACC is top heavy with Clemson and Miami
Only two teams ranked in the preseason polls

Nah, Michigan and Ohio State recruit nationally is all. While Ohio State has primarily relied on Ohio talent prior to Urban arriving, they adapted to their head coach. Wihile at Florida he had his type of speed edge rushers, midwestern kids are usually more stout, stuff the run types.

Harbaugh just does Harbaugh things. I would find it more concerning that Urban and Jim are taking coveted players from your state if I were you Texas fan. That means the ties to Longhorn fanhood is eroding quickly.

That is more of a Pitt thing

Do you not understand that Texas has the largest full time fan base in college sports win or lose

Big state with people who value college sports

Texas/Arkansas is still the most viewed CFB game of all time in relation to shares
Viewed by 60% of the US and well over 90% of Texas in 1969

In terms of the amount of people the 2006 Rose Bowl is still the game with the largest audience in terms of people

Sorry.....
Even a Texas that goes 0-12 is more popular than 95% of all FBS universities

Last edited:
Tournament results don't really agree with you. Just saying.

Actually they do. Kansas State is about to have the easiest road to the Final Four in the history of the tournament. Can always tell when someone can’t deal with facts when they ignore them.

He is a fraud, a blowhard, and a dork trying to be cool. He is not who he says he is. But he has a right to post his dribble, and I have a right to pick it apart.

u4996p6dt20150330182256.gif

Actually they do. Kansas State is about to have the easiest road to the Final Four in the history of the tournament. Can always tell when someone can’t deal with facts when they ignore them.
Should not be so hard on yourself Gregory.

You’re being goofy again 5-0. No need for this. What did you think of the game last night?
Really did not like the touch fouls they called to start the second half. They should have called it the same as the first half. That is all you can ask from a ref is call a game the same through out. Nova did a good job of limiting Carter from getting shots off. To me that was a big key for them. Would not shock me to see them win it all.

Really did not like the touch fouls they called to start the second half. They should have called it the same as the first half. That is all you can ask from a ref is call a game the same through out. Nova did a good job of limiting Carter from getting shots off. To me that was a big key for them. Would not shock me to see them win it all.

The beginning of the second half was tough by refs on WVU. The 3 point shooting won it for Nova but that beginning with all the fouls kinda put WVU on their heels. Definitely sucked. Nova is good but I have Kansas as my Champ on 4 of 5 pools.

So far:

Chicago Loyola Missouri Valley Conference

Florida State ACC

Vs.

Michigan Big 10

Villanova Big East

Vs.

Texas Tech Big 12

Kansas Big 12

Vs.

Duke ACC

Like I’ve said all along the Big12 has some solid teams and one really good team. The meat grinder narrative has no legs. This year there really no great teams which means there’s no meat grinder conferences. LOL at KSU.

Like I’ve said all along the Big12 has some solid teams and one really good team. The meat grinder narrative has no legs. This year there really no great teams which means there’s no meat grinder conferences. LOL at KSU.
Doesn’t the Big 12 always have some good teams and one really good team? Until proven otherwise, they’re kind of the one team and the other 9.

Doesn’t the Big 12 always have some good teams and one really good team? Until proven otherwise, they’re kind of the one team and the other 9.

Yep! Big12 hoops is basically a one trick pony. This year Texas Tech and WVU were legit Top 25 teams. Other than those three the Big12 is nothing but a few solid teams. I think the ACC, Big Ten, SEC and Big12 are all about the same this year at the end of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT