ADVERTISEMENT

If you continue winning, your attendance is bound to pick up...nm. *

I haven't noticed an attendance problem. 61,891 at our season opener against JMU, 57,052 for NC State, and our next home game against Texas is already sold out. And all that even though we are in a rebuilding year.

Good win for the Cousins...not the best team in the world they trounced but trounce them, they did!

I hope you didn't bet your double-wide on your prognostication that we were in for a 1-11 record this year. Once again I will extend you the same offer that I did last year - instead of giving your money to the Vegas bookies, send that amount to me. At the end of the year I will return half of it to you and keep the other half for myself. That way we will both come out money ahead.

I hope you didn't bet your double-wide on your prognostication that we were in for a 1-11 record this year. Once again I will extend you the same offer that I did last year - instead of giving your money to the Vegas bookies, send that amount to me. At the end of the year I will return half of it to you and keep the other half for myself. That way we will both come out money ahead.
Hahahahahaa, Always hard to pin me down on season predictions, tend to use a lot of conditions....and sometimes speak for my dear friend RichRod.

Hahahahahaa, Always hard to pin me down on season predictions, tend to use a lot of conditions....and sometimes speak for my dear friend RichRod.

He will be your friend as long as you will have him.....................but when he decides he's done with you he will stab you in the back.

Reactions: Humptod
He will be your friend as long as you will have him.....................but when he decides he's done with you he will stab you in the back.
He and Rita are very dear to me! I will release a six pack every Friday for your viewing pleasure, so you can laugh at my expense. Not sure if I posted my key release for this last weekend, lover Ohio + 5 1/2.

Suddenly the KU game ,which I put in the W column is to be in play...KU looked good in welding BC.
Very true, but who is better between BC and N.C. State? The difference is Kansas is not going to the playoff, but Miles now has them believing and WVU better not just show up expecting them to lay down.

I haven't noticed an attendance problem. 61,891 at our season opener against JMU, 57,052 for NC State, and our next home game against Texas is already sold out. And all that even though we are in a rebuilding year.
61,891 - 57,052 = 4839 fans that abandoned ship. Keep winning and I'm sure they'll jump on the bandwagon again.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Very true, but who is better between BC and N.C. State? The difference is Kansas is not going to the playoff, but Miles now has them believing and WVU better not just show up expecting them to lay down.
Yeah, if they can beat BC in Chestnut Hill , they can beat WVU in Lawrence! But WVU showed some speed Saturday be tough for KU to slow them down.

61,891 - 57,052 = 4839 fans that abandoned ship. Keep winning and I'm sure they'll jump on the bandwagon again.

Our attendance for the first two games total 118,943 and there will be over 60,000 for out Texas game that is already sold out. No one has abandoned ship, although it's obvious we are in a rebuilding year. Have fun watching Marshall in the half filled Joan in what should be a good year for the Herd.

Our attendance for the first two games total 118,943 and there will be over 60,000 for out Texas game that is already sold out. No one has abandoned ship, although it's obvious we are in a rebuilding year. Have fun watching Marshall in the half filled Joan in what should be a good year for the Herd.
I think we'll have 30,000 plus for the Bearcats!

Humpy...the attendance issues seems to be with the herd...two game average of 25,000+. The total of those two games at the Joan are almost 10,000 short of the Mountaineers game last Saturday. I got a good chuckle from your post. Attendance smack from a herdie!

The numbers don't lie....Huge dropoff! I'd expect another one after you play Texas.

I think we'll have 30,000 plus for the Bearcats!

Well, good for you. Not bad for a stadium that has its capacity listed at 38,000. I expect about 62,000 for our game against Texas that has been sold out for weeks, which isn't bad for a stadium with an official seating capacity of 60,000.

The numbers don't lie....Huge dropoff! I'd expect another one after you play Texas.

Surely you don't really want to get into numbers when comparing us to Marshall.......... . If you do we could talk about things like conference payouts, revenue from ticket sales and third tier rights. Best step away before you embarrass yourself further. And if I had plans of attending the Marshall vs Cincy game, I'd buy the family pack - 4 tickets to the game that includes a $20 concession voucher, all for $100. That's laughable.

Surely you don't really want to get into numbers when comparing us to Marshall.......... . If you do we could talk about things like conference payouts, revenue from ticket sales and third tier rights. Best step away before you embarrass yourself further. And if I had plans of attending the Marshall vs Cincy game, I'd buy the family pack - 4 tickets to the game that includes a $20 concession voucher, all for $100. That's laughable.
Look Buzzy Wuzzy....You had 5000 more fans in the stands for JMU than you did for NC State. That's the truth and it obviously hurts. I understand, but those are facts. You can speculate about MU all you want. I am simply stating the obvious. 5,000 "fans" bailed on you. Beat Texas, they'll jump back on the bandwagon.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Look Buzzy Wuzzy....You had 5000 more fans in the stands for JMU than you did for NC State. That's the truth and it obviously hurts. I understand, but those are facts. You can speculate about MU all you want. I am simply stating the obvious. 5,000 "fans" bailed on you. Beat Texas, they'll jump back on the bandwagon.
...the Cousins ain't going to beat Texas! Unless the horns defense turns to mush like they did last year! But hard to see that happening.

but humpy our stadium half full has more than a full joan...like that has EVER happened except when big brother came calling and shattered the dreams of herdies for all time

but humpy our stadium half full has more than a full joan...like that has EVER happened except when big brother came calling and shattered the dreams of herdies for all time
Your come-from-behind victory against Marshall in Hgtn. was the greatest victory in Mnteer. history!

...the Cousins ain't going to beat Texas! Unless the horns defense turns to mush like they did last year! But hard to see that happening.
You'll be able to sit on the 50 yard line, front row at the Pusk after Texas rolls over wvu.

there are several wins in Mountaineer lore that could be considered the "best all time"...but trust me my good friend NONE of them involve marshla in any way shape or form.....so endeth the lesson

Truer words have never been spoken.

there are several wins in Mountaineer lore that could be considered the "best all time"...but trust me my good friend NONE of them involve marshla in any way shape or form.....so endeth the lesson
I was glad we gave that game away...several people wearing gold and blue were threatening to hurl themselves along with their families off the top of the Joan that evening! My cries of " it's just a game" went unheeded and mass suicide was on the brink. Thank God Doc ...a great humanitarian, decided to put in a FROSH running back to fumble the ball on first down as opposed to running four QB sneaks and essentially running the clock out! After all, " it's just a game! I wonder how many Cousins would have lost their lives that night without Doc!

I always enjoyed seeing WVU beat UK...'cat's want nothing to do with MU or WVU on the gridiron it seems!

More speculation than brag...how many to you think will show up in Lawrence to see the Mounties, maybe 30,000 plus? Hahahahahahahahhaha
If you only get 30k for games it must show that you've sucked for quite awhile and fans don't care. Poor Kansas. Oh wait.....

More speculation than brag...how many to you think will show up in Lawrence to see the Mounties, maybe 30,000 plus? Hahahahahahahahhaha

This is an interesting analogy coming from a Herd fan, but yes: both Kansas and Marshall have turdish football programs that nobody cares about.

The difference is that Kansas could develop their football programs into something more if they decided they wanted to sink the resources into it.

Marshall doesn't have the resources to supply fresh urinal cakes to the Joan, let alone build a competitive football program.

This is an interesting analogy coming from a Herd fan, but yes: both Kansas and Marshall have turdish football programs that nobody cares about.

The difference is that Kansas could develop their football programs into something more if they decided they wanted to sink the resources into it.

Marshall doesn't have the resources to supply fresh urinal cakes to the Joan, let alone build a competitive football program.
You sound exactly like HoGo talking about wvu, lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT