ADVERTISEMENT

If this were December 2017 and the B12 was ...

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
holding their first CCG with Ok , Ok State and WVU at the top with the same records...then the question would be why bother?

Really, what a stupid concept...play a true round robin schedule and then, play someone a second time Ok, like it or not, soundly defeated the Cowboys and Mountaineers and would now have to face one of them again to be the "real champion."?

Once the conference decided against expansion the CCG should have been declared dead.

I agree. The Big 12 had it right. Everyone plays everyone. The other conferences have to look and see, who did that team NOT play.
Plus, the team with the longest winning streak in the Big 12, Penn State, at 9, is on the outside looking in and the team that Penn State beat is in the national playoffs.

If Ohio State had won 9 in a row, including beating Penn State, the Buckleyes would have gotten in ... for the same reason. Well, it's Ohio State.

So, in 2017, forget what happens on the field. The predetermined teams will get in. The rest of your guys: We were just kidding about making unbiased selections.

Crappola selection process.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

I would scrap that conference championship game in a nano-second. The 13th data means little.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT