ADVERTISEMENT

If Culver never gets suspended and Konate knee was never hurt WVU record would be undefeated!

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
With the twin towers Culver and Konate down low full go from the start healthy and focused I don’t think we would have 1 loss yet. That’s the sad thing about this situation even with the D2 guard play and D2 Esa. Huggs has really done a poor job coaching and should have handled the Culver situation better where it never got to that point of him missing 10 games. Culver is a star talent and him being suspended literally cost us games.

If Konate never had knee issues and was his healthy self every game playing with Culver from the jump I don’t see who would have beat us. That’s the sucky thing. Konate, Culver, Wes Harris, Lamont West, Haley should be starting 5 and Beetle 6th man. If Konate comes back healthy this team will win a lot cause Culver is big time and is going to be great going forward. Culver and Konate are going to be a handful for anybody to stop. Huggs just needs to get his head out of his ass and bench Esa, Harler and play the right lineups. Huggs has not done great either folks. Some of this is his fault. He also recruited these guys and several are D2. It’s obvious. Don’t preach toughness and then go recruit a bunch of soft boys that don’t fit your style.

With the twin towers Culver and Konate down low full go from the start healthy and focused I don’t think we would have 1 loss yet. That’s the sad thing about this situation even with the D2 guard play and D2 Esa. Huggs has really done a poor job coaching and should have handled the Culver situation better where it never got to that point of him missing 10 games. Culver is a star talent and him being suspended literally cost us games.

If Konate never had knee issues and was his healthy self every game playing with Culver from the jump I don’t see who would have beat us. That’s the sucky thing. Konate, Culver, Wes Harris, Lamont West, Haley should be starting 5 and Beetle 6th man. If Konate comes back healthy this team will win a lot cause Culver is big time and is going to be great going forward. Culver and Konate are going to be a handful for anybody to stop. Huggs just needs to get his head out of his ass and bench Esa, Harler and play the right lineups. Huggs has not done great either folks. Some of this is his fault. He also recruited these guys and several are D2. It’s obvious. Don’t preach toughness and then go recruit a bunch of soft boys that don’t fit your style.
There are 347 Division 1 basketball schools, I think every kid on our roster could make positive contributions at some of them.

If your aunt had stones, then she'd be your uncle, Pride (before the fall). Stop the lame excuses. Before the season and WVU even had played a game, you foolishly declared repeatedly that WVU was a Final Four team and a "title contender." This team doesn't have the guard play to do either this season, regardless of the strength of the front court, and Jevon Carter aint walkin' through that door.

You assume teams wouldn't adapt to us even if we had a full lineup. With or without Culver/Sags, we cannot protect the ball, shoot the ball, or distribute the ball. I don't think having a full front court changes much for this team if no one can bring the ball up.

Who would have beat us so far with Konate 100% healthy every game and Culver full go, never suspended? I think we are undefeated or have 1 loss at most if these 2 things happen like we all initially anticipated before season.

It would certainly help to mask the guards' deficiencies but maybe a game better at this point if Huggs had the full boat. But...keep the bulk of this team intact, add a JUCO or two of the ilk of Myers, Paige, Philip or even Mitchell and WVU is a much much better team.

Who beats us with Culver playing the first 10 games and Konate knee 100% never injured? These 2 happenings have caused us to lose 5 games.

Who beats us with Culver and Konate 100% every game so far? Those are the 2 top players by far. We’re undefeated if those 2 never missed games.

Who beats us with Culver and Konate 100% every game so far? Those are the 2 top players by far. We’re undefeated if those 2 never missed games.

Our guard play is horrible, we can't defend worth a shit, and....
RG0BS1U.gif

You’re the dick that had WVU in Final Four right. You should change your tag to dick because you have no pride.

Name one loss we would have if Culver plays every game and Konate was never hurt and playing 100% every game.

Gregjacobscrazy you can’t name 1 loss? I’m waiting. Get a clue. This is very highly likely an undefeated team so far if Konate is 100% healthy every game and Culver never gets suspended.

Gregjacobscrazy you can’t name 1 loss? I’m waiting. Get a clue. This is very highly likely an undefeated team so far if Konate is 100% healthy every game and Culver never gets suspended.

I don’t waste my on hypothetical arguements with morons like you.

What? We had Buffalo beat without Culver before giving up a huge lead with 5 min to go. With Culver we win easy. Buffalo actually got real lucky. They are actually a good team but Culver added gives us a win here.

Texas Tech what?????? We almost won without Konate. Your lost. Definitely a win with Konate.

Florida was close game. Culver gives us enough talent for victory. Definitely a win with Culver.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...Florida played horribly and still beat WVU by 10 points, with Konate playing. The facts are that you predicted a Final Four season and that WVU would be a title contender before WVU had played its first game. Nothing you post now will change your idiotic preseason predictions, so stop digging....

Buffalo - Superior guard play

Florida - ditto

Rhode Island - ditto

Texas Tech - again ditto

Each team would have the guards blow by our back court and " the Twin Towers" would be if foul trouble. Everyone would run it down the middle, kind of how they are doing right now. Sags is still too immature to keep from fouling just to get another block so he can run up the court playing to the crowd. He will regret listening to his brother and blowing this year.

Face it. A 100% healthy Konate and Culver playing full go from the start this team has 0-1 losses at most. Those 2 are big time players.

Haley and Horton should have been starting backcourt from the jump. Politics kept Horton behind all the bad scholarship guards. They invested more money in the guys who played. Unfortunately that’s how things go sometimes in life. It’s usually not fair. Beetle should be 6th man. Either way Horton should have played or started from the jump. That’s on Huggs.

Huggs can win if he starts Horton, Haley, Wes Harris, Culver, Konate when he gets back. Beetle, Lamont should be 6-7th guys. Beetle is better in 6th man role.

No. The front of the press is still mushy, ball security still a weakness with the both of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT