ADVERTISEMENT

COACHING UPDATE I was talking with a really good source

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
I was talking with a really good source just now about the next coach and we were laughing about how you guys always think the 48-hour deal or it's "fluid" are jokes but it really is like that on the inside too. By that I mean things do change a lot during the process of making hires. One guy may be the leader and then falls off by his choice, maybe someone interviews better or maybe the first guy doesn't come up smelling so good during the background check. Now none of that is going on right now that I know of but I wanted to point out that this stuff really does change a lot.

What I know for certain is Neal Brown has been a favorite of WVU's for some time now. Luke Fickell has a fan in Gordon Gee and he still has a shot at the job unless it's all a smokescreen and they know they're hiring Brown but you have to keep your backup guy ready.

Next I know the interviews are going on today and tomorrow. Many insiders are chasing where and when those are going down. I have reason to believe Fickell's will be tonight or first thing tomorrow. There's some major players absent in Morgantown right now so those interviews could be taking place at neutral locations, which is often the case.

We're still looking at this going down rather quickly. Hang tight because this is going to be an interesting ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News