ADVERTISEMENT

I think we needed the Kansas game to play out the way it did

doneagain

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2004
My parent's basement
A few points.

- Grier had only played one full game (VT) in 2 years. He needed to play another full game, as did many other starters on both sides of the ball.

- The fight Kansas put up was good because it was a team we could overcome a challenge from, but it hopefully showed the team as a whole they can't overlook anyone. The fact that it was a team we could reassert our dominance late in the game and pull away from helps the team not lose confidence after struggling for a while.

- Getting a second back in a single game to gain over 100 yards is crucial for our depth, and ensures other teams realize we are not a 1-trick pony at RB.

- The mistakes give the coaches something to work the team on during this 2 week break. Fortunately the mistakes did not result in a loss, but beating another FCS-talent-level program a third week in a row would not have benefitted the team, so getting a small dose of adversity will be more helpful than a perfect game of dominance over Rhode Island Deaf and Blind Tech.

Now, none of that matters if we don't take advantage of the opportunities that game presented, but I am hopefully positive that they will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News