ADVERTISEMENT

I still trust the climb

whiteslatonschmitt51035

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
Neal is a great recruiter and program manager. He needs to stop being so stubborn (defending Doege) (over analyzing in-game decisions, like kneeling instead of kicking pats, and kneeling on that KR)..Here’s what else he needs to do differently..

# 1 - Hit the transfer portal for a QB. Preferably after Nico signs his loi so it doesn’t scare him off. I like Nico’s potential but I don’t think he’ll be ready next year. We need to find any experienced QB we can. Doege is flat-out putrid. Literally does nothing well. Can’t go through progressions, has a weak noodle arm, slow as molasses, no pocket presence, general lack of awareness for everything, can’t find open wrs, inaccurate, and chokes under pressure, he is so bad he literally makes it painful to watch wvu football and it’s even sucking the life out of the stadium. I’m just waiting for him to have a Mark Sanchez butt-fumble type of moment and become a meme. Getting a QB is the first step.

# 2 - Fire Matt Moore. OL is a distaster. The talent is there now, that can no longer be an excuse. Moore has said some very questionable things such as having OL learn all 5 positions. That’s not how it works, this isn’t high school. Guy tried to move future NFLer Josh Sills to center and ran him off to OKST. Nester started and was solid as a true frosh at VT and today was beaten like a drum by bad DL. We need need a coach like Rick Trickett who can do more with less. OL is a train wreck right now. Moore needs to go ASAP.

# 3 - Hire a good OC and give up play-calling duties. The play-calling and game management has been awful. Let somebody else call the plays, please. Neal needs to stick to recruiting, and motivating take a Saban like approach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News