ADVERTISEMENT

I say Marshall goes 12-0 this year in football

Motown Mounty

All-American
May 29, 2001
No, I don't want to bet on it because we all know that Marshall will be putting in their 3rd and 4th stringers by the end of the 1st quarter and that could screw things up a bit. They will beat Miami (o) by at least 5 TD's.

Don't know what drugs you normally prefer but this latest batch has you saying some wierd stuff. Even Tony2 doesn't believe this trash !

Don't know what drugs you normally prefer but this latest batch has you saying some wierd stuff. Even Tony2 doesn't believe this trash !
Funny stuff. It is now June, Talking Season, and the greenies are very cricket-like, especially compared to last summer when they were the best football program in the state and declared WVU football dead and buried.

Reactions: 30CAT
These guys just do not see what a juggernaut exists in Huntington. Last year was a fluke? No it wasn't. It was all by design. Marshall was getting too far ahead of everyone and many programs were considering shutting down. Marshall had to do something to make the others feel they were catching up so they could keep the conference in tact. This year though, it is back to business as usual. Don't forget, Marshall is the Notre Dame of G-5 teams.

No, I don't want to bet on it because we all know that Marshall will be putting in their 3rd and 4th stringers by the end of the 1st quarter and that could screw things up a bit. They will beat Miami (o) by at least 5 TD's.
We'd have a much better chance at running the table if we could drop NCSU and Miami and pick up ISU and Kansas. You boys are smarter than us!

We'd have a much better chance at running the table if we could drop NCSU and Miami and pick up ISU and Kansas. You boys are smarter than us!

I can understand you being intimidated by seeing Miami on your schedule (the Ohio one, not the real Miami). Those pesky MAC teams do seem to be problematic for the Herd lately. Good thing you found a less competitive conference to join.

I can understand you being intimidated by seeing Miami on your schedule (the Ohio one, not the real Miami). Those pesky MAC teams do seem to be problematic for the Herd lately. Good thing you found a less competitive conference to join.
I think the Redhawks will be very good this year...good thing you boys had the good sense to dodge 'em! I'd rather play the Jayhawks instead of the Redhawks!

Not even close...you boys opted for WCU Catamounts in Charleston , their final SOS not in the same area code as the Herd's! Game seen by 12 people.

Imagine a Herdiot talking strength of schedule when they still play the likes of WV Wesleyan - not in a pre-season exhibition but during the regular season. Laughable.

Yes, Miami (O) is going to be tough and pretty good this year. That's why I said Marshall will only beat them by 5 TD's.

Imagine a Herdiot talking strength of schedule when they still play the likes of WV Wesleyan - not in a pre-season exhibition but during the regular season. Laughable.
I mean you can look up the 2016-17 final SOS rankings and compare WCU to MU but why bother? You already know the outcome! D'antoni Doctrine stands firm!

I mean you can look up the 2016-17 final SOS rankings and compare WCU to MU but why bother? You already know the outcome! D'antoni Doctrine stands firm!

The D'antoni Doctrine..........if not for that little failed PR stunt we'd still be playing once a year in Charleston and you wouldn't have anything to whine about.

....but Huggy said it was just as good playing WCU in front of 12 people in Charleston! You need to review the party line, Buzz!

....but Huggy said it was just as good playing WCU in front of 12 people in Charleston! You need to review the party line, Buzz!

Maybe you should review the actual attendance numbers. 8384 tickets sold at a "home" game 150 miles from the Coliseum and not a single red cent of it went to Marshall. That's probably the part that sticks in your craw, knowing that the D'antoni Doctrine took away your cash cow.

Last edited:
Maybe you should review the actual attendance numbers. 8384 tickets sold at a "home" game 150 miles from the Coliseum and not a single red cent of it went to Marshall. That's probably the part that sticks in your craw, knowing that the D'antoni Doctrine took away your cash cow.
Hahahahahhahhhaa...that would make 8372 " no shows" for that clash of the Titans! Catamounts a stellar 7-23 last year!

Hahahahahhahhhaa...that would make 8372 " no shows" for that clash of the Titans! Catamounts a stellar 7-23 last year!

When did they up the seating for basketball games at the Civic Center to 16,756 ? Last I checked they could only seat a few more than 12,000.

I know no seats be had for WVU-MU not so much for the Mountie-Catamount clash.

Lets see........should we sell 8300 plus seats playing a nobody 150 miles from home and keep all the money for ourselves or should we play another nobody 150 miles from home before 11,000 and give Marshall half the take ? Decisions, decisions. Sorry losing your cash cow has caused you so much butt hurt.

Reactions: Motown Mounty
You mean the Catamounts rode all the way to Charleston, and didn't even get paid to be the Washington Generals for the night?

Lets see........should we sell 8300 plus seats playing a nobody 150 miles from home and keep all the money for ourselves or should we play another nobody 150 miles from home before 11,000 and give Marshall half the take ? Decisions, decisions. Sorry losing your cash cow has caused you so much butt hurt.
Are the same people telling you 8300 seats where sold to that tilt, the same people that did Enron's accounting?

Are the same people telling you 8300 seats where sold to that tilt, the same people that did Enron's accounting?

Whoever did the ticket counting at that game was better at it than you were.......you said there were only 12 people there. But given the fact that you are still butt-hurt over losing your annual cash cow game with WVU I can understand why you want to distort the facts.

Whoever did the ticket counting at that game was better at it than you were.......you said there were only 12 people there. But given the fact that you are still butt-hurt over losing your annual cash cow game with WVU I can understand why you want to distort the facts.
I'm not convinced 12 isn't a more accurate count. Figures never lie but liars often figure! WVU counting the box office, indeed!

You mean the Catamounts rode all the way to Charleston, and didn't even get paid to be the Washington Generals for the night?

Not at all, they were paid the same as we pay all of our lesser opponents, and far less than 1/2 the take that Marshall came to expect. Sorry buddy, but your team is going to have to figure out another way to fill the coffers besides expecting WVU to do it for you.

Not at all, they were paid the same as we pay all of our lesser opponents, and far less than 1/2 the take that Marshall came to expect. Sorry buddy, but your team is going to have to figure out another way to fill the coffers besides expecting WVU to do it for you.
Come to Huntington and we'll fill the Ohio River with Mountie tears....as we always do!

My response to these Marshall fans, and the tag phrase at the end of every post of the late Frank Offutt:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." T. Roosevelt

Come to Huntington and we'll fill the Ohio River with Mountie tears....as we always do!

WVU basketball has taken great strides in the past few years, Marshall - not so much. You're still hoping to get to 20 wins by scheduling the likes of WV Wesleyan while we are getting Kentucky and Virginia to visit our home court. I understand you need WVU to sell tickets at the Cam, and you need half the gate from the now defunct Capital Classic to help fill your coffers, but the fact is that we've got bigger fish to fry.

WVU basketball has taken great strides in the past few years, Marshall - not so much. You're still hoping to get to 20 wins by scheduling the likes of WV Wesleyan while we are getting Kentucky and Virginia to visit our home court. I understand you need WVU to sell tickets at the Cam, and you need half the gate from the now defunct Capital Classic to help fill your coffers, but the fact is that we've got bigger fish to fry.
If you're scared just say you're scared ...no hard feelings!

My response to these Marshall fans, and the tag phrase at the end of every post of the late Frank Offutt:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." T. Roosevelt
TR would tell you cowards where to get off...we know you boys are too scared to get off the bus in Huntington!

If you're scared just say you're scared ...no hard feelings!

Yeah, we're scared alright. That's why we went out and scheduled the University of Kentucky and the University of Virginia....... . You Herdiots keep hanging on to that "afraid to play in Huntington" BS if it makes you feel better. In the meantime we will be busy building a resume to get us into the Big Dance yet again while your coach is on the horn trying to find another MEC team to help get him to 20 wins.

TR would tell you cowards where to get off...we know you boys are too scared to get off the bus in Huntington!

Says the fan who will neither know victory nor defeat.

Last edited:

To quote one of the greatest...Opponents will be lucky to stay within 3 touchdowns of that perennial powerhouse. "Again. As usual."

Yeah, we're scared alright. That's why we went out and scheduled the University of Kentucky and the University of Virginia....... . You Herdiots keep hanging on to that "afraid to play in Huntington" BS if it makes you feel better. In the meantime we will be busy building a resume to get us into the Big Dance yet again while your coach is on the horn trying to find another MEC team to help get him to 20 wins.
If it's BS then call our bluff...Huntington 's not hard to find, drive South to Charleston, turn left and head West!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT