ADVERTISEMENT

I predict Oklahoma makes the playoffs again

doneagain

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2004
My parent's basement
Oregon - beats Utah in rematch in P12 title game; no teams in P12 finish with less than 2 losses

Oklahoma - beats Ok State; beats Baylor in conf. title game
Finishes 12-1

Ohio State - wins Big 10
Finishes 13-0

LSU - beats A&M; beats UGA in title game - Bama loses to Auburn finishing 10-2
Finishes 13-0

Clemson beats UVA
Finishes 13-0

Playoff teams:

Ohio State
LSU
Clemson
Oklahoma

ESPN would move wisconsin from 12th to the playoff for beating big bad mighty Minnesota before dickstreit or Galloway would allow that to happen. Oklahoma beat unbeaten Baylor and moved up 1 dam spot in the rankings. Utah has no more right being 5th and Minnesota has no more right being ahead of Oklahoma than Morgantown high school does

Reactions: countryroads89
I doubt that they put Oklahoma in again. I’m sure they (the CFP committee) is getting tired of putting schools in that after the first round they have to answer why did they put them in.

NotreDame is in the same category, but they get in for ratings.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Just as long as the SEC doesn't try some funny shit next week it probably will be Baylor and not OU.

Baylor will be considered undefeated if they beat OU next week.

These last few weeks the committee has been impressed by Baylor

It makes sense for OU as well for it to be Baylor.

Just as long as the SEC doesn't try some funny shit next week it probably will be Baylor and not OU.

Baylor will be considered undefeated if they beat OU next week.

These last few weeks the committee has been impressed by Baylor

It makes sense for OU as well for it to be Baylor.

For Baylor to make it they need UGA to lose to LSU. It won’t matter that UGA has the worst resume loss of any 1-loss team, it will only matter that Baylor played nobody in the nonconference.

Even then, since Baylor lacks the branding of OU or UGA, I can see a 2-loss team getting in over Baylor. I don’t trust the credibility of the committee anymore than I trust a politician to not act in a specific interest.

For Baylor to make it they need UGA to lose to LSU. It won’t matter that UGA has the worst resume loss of any 1-loss team, it will only matter that Baylor played nobody in the nonconference.

Even then, since Baylor lacks the branding of OU or UGA, I can see a 2-loss team getting in over Baylor. I don’t trust the credibility of the committee anymore than I trust a politician to not act in a specific interest.
Probably find a way for Bama to get in.

Clemson wasn't anyone when they played in the CFP in their first year.

Committee allows the games to make the decisions and for the most part Baylor is making a statement.

Their biggest statement has to be made against OU.
OU isn't finishing strong. They have pretty much struggled since K State

I don't know Utah is hanging on at home against Colorado, and I know Colorado lost to Oregon like 77-3 but they came from behind at home to beat nebraska, and you don't just beat big 10 teams unless you're a playoff contender

2019-16.png

Baylor with their piss poor OOC will not even sniff the final 4. They've already talked about and said a 2 loss team will get invited before Baylor is even thought of.

OU will be in if UTAH loses in PAC 12 and Georgia loses SEC.

Jalen is built for this. He will give Oklahoma their first playoff win.

You are assuming that a win in the PAC 12 Championship game is enough for Utah.

Utah doesn't necessarily have to lose for Oklahoma-Baylor to jump them.

Let the football do the talking.

The committee looks at the total picture and values pretty much every FBS team.

LSU beating the shit out of Georgia ultimately helps out the Big 12.

If LSU wins by 15+ over Georgia
If either Baylor or Oklahoma wins by a large margin it could mean they jump Utah.

Utah's only benefit is that they beat up on teams unlike Baylor or even Oklahoma
They lack any marquee win.
But on the other hand if they show that they are a superior team to Oregon in every way you could see them get in.
But I don't think Utah is going to beat Oregon. If they do it will be a 16-13 type of game.

You are assuming that a win in the PAC 12 Championship game is enough for Utah.

Utah doesn't necessarily have to lose for Oklahoma-Baylor to jump them.

Let the football do the talking.

The committee looks at the total picture and values pretty much every FBS team.

LSU beating the shit out of Georgia ultimately helps out the Big 12.

If LSU wins by 15+ over Georgia
If either Baylor or Oklahoma wins by a large margin it could mean they jump Utah.

Utah's only benefit is that they beat up on teams unlike Baylor or even Oklahoma
They lack any marquee win.
But on the other hand if they show that they are a superior team to Oregon in every way you could see them get in.
But I don't think Utah is going to beat Oregon. If they do it will be a 16-13 type of game.

Utah is in if they win and Georgia is out if they lose to LSU.. Bank on it.

The way its set up now --Utah for some unkown reason is ranked ahead of OU.

If they win their CCG, even if OU does too, then they'll try to keep Utah in there.

If Georgia beats LSU the SEC SEC ridiculous media will try everything to keep LSU from falling out of the top four.

Oregon - beats Utah in rematch in P12 title game; no teams in P12 finish with less than 2 losses

Finishes 12-1

Ohio State - wins Big 10
Finishes 13-0

Finishes 13-0

Clemson beats UVA
Finishes 13-0

Playoff teams:

Ohio State
LSU
Clemson
Oklahoma

I agree with all of this except

LSU is put back up to No. 1 where they belong.

Finishes 12-1

Ohio State - wins Big 10
Finishes 13-0

Finishes 13-0

Clemson beats UVA
Finishes 13-0

Playoff teams:

Ohio State
LSU
Clemson
Oklahoma

MAN I AM TIRED OF BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT