ADVERTISEMENT

I played High School ball in the 70's

4everwv

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2004
My coaches, as well as most others on the teams we played were foul mouthed aggressive, no bullshit men who if you F*cked up in the slightest you got an earful of profanity laced insults that may have gone on for 5 minutes. I remember one time I was supposed to be down on the low post and I was at the free through line and he called me a stupid white MF'er and smacked me upside the head with his clipboard. I never made that mistake again. I said something to my Dad who was a great player in the 30's and he said do what you're supposed to do and you won't get cussed out. My team was 70% black and you should have heard it when they screwed up. That's the way coaches were. That was coaching No one cared or got their feelings hurt they just tried to do their job. In four years of varsity we had three state runner-ups and a championship and we were all good friends and loved our coach and he loved us. This shit today about saying something that hurts a kids feelings and you get fired, Jesus I worry about America moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News