ADVERTISEMENT

I listened to the UVA press conference today when they

TruWVblu

All-American
Jun 1, 2001
introduced Bronco Mendenhal as their new HC. I must say it was one of the most impressive press conferences involving a college head coach I have every heard. I am not sure how he will work out at Virginia but he certainly knows how to handle himself with the press. This was a very good hire for UVA.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
introduced Bronco Mendenhal as their new HC. I must say it was one of the most impressive press conferences involving a college head coach I have every heard. I am not sure how he will work out at Virginia but he certainly knows how to handle himself with the press. This was a very good hire for UVA.

Yeah, good for them. My dad chose good bedside manor over the better doctor and it killed him. I couldn't give two $hits if DH sounded like Elmer Fudd in a press conference as long as he won and on one else would either.

Reactions: GoWVU

I always have been impressed by his coaching for the most part. He did allot at Byu and its not easy to win considering not many Non LDS members would wanna play football at a school that made you sign a moral code contract

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Sounds like a man with a plan to get where he ultimately desires. I think UVA is on the rise in FB In my 70+yrs the most impressive presser of a new coach i have ever heard To me if one gets in his way Bronco will steam roller them lol Think UVA in for somebig time discipline if it works the results will be dramatic

Yeah, good for them. My dad chose good bedside manor over the better doctor and it killed him. I couldn't give two $hits if DH sounded like Elmer Fudd in a press conference as long as he won and on one else would either.
My intent was not to say anything negative about Holgorsen, just to point out that I found Mendenhall's press conference impressive. And you are right, just because a person can speak well and handle the press does not in itself guarantee success on the field. I do think he will be successful because he has done a good job at BYU.

Good for you. Nothing beats a good press conference story. Thanks.

Reactions: wbgvwbgv
My intent was not to say anything negative about Holgorsen, just to point out that I found Mendenhall's press conference impressive. And you are right, just because a person can speak well and handle the press does not in itself guarantee success on the field. I do think he will be successful because he has done a good job at BYU.

100% complete and total bull$hit. You're agenda driven against Dana and your posts only serve that purpose.

100% complete and total bull$hit. You're agenda driven against Dana and your posts only serve that purpose.
You really could not be more wrong but that's fine. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I wont call you names for opposing my view. Since I live among so many VT fans, I was really just hoping the hiring may have a negative effect on VT. But think what you want.

You really could not be more wrong but that's fine. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I wont call you names for opposing my view. Since I live among so many VT fans, I was really just hoping the hiring may have a negative effect on VT. But think what you want.

I didn't call you any names. That's the other guy you bicker with. If you want to be the victim, have at it.

I didn't call you any names. That's the other guy you bicker with. If you want to be the victim, have at it.
I did not say you did. I was just pointing out that it is possible to disagree without being disrespectful. I apologize if that is how I made it sound.

If someone called what I said "100% complete and total bull$hit", I'd consider that worse than calling me a name. But that's just me.

Reactions: TruWVblu

No, sorry Tru, wasn't attacking you. It's just that some of what you said and what others said that I've read recently about wanting him to speak well in PR's reminded me of my father's doctors. That's all.

No, sorry Tru, wasn't attacking you. It's just that some of what you said and what others said that I've read recently about wanting him to speak well in PR's reminded me of my father's doctors. That's all.
I do not recall ever saying anything about how DH speaks at press conferences or at any other time. I am not happy with the product on the field but have not noted any issues with what he says to the press. I do understand though. It seems when some are not happy with a coach, they start nitpicking every aspect of the man. They did it to Stewart with his demeanor and sweater vests, and now they are doing it to Holgorsen with his hair, black shirt, and anything else they can attack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT