ADVERTISEMENT

I know running up the score is stupid, pointless, and whatever else...

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
but after last week's game, WVU really needs to score on every possession....

They need to show up, prove that they can dominate on both sides of the line, and go from there....

Certainly get what you're saying. I'll be satisfied if they are better than they were yesterday but not as good as they'll be tomorrow.

Was actually surprised to read Albany is a power for their conference which includes Richmond and Villanova, I had never heard of them before. Regardless SDSU 59-0’d them in the FCS playoffs last year, if we can’t score 49 in our sleep then something is wrong.

Running up the score may be stupid and pointless but basically what everyone does in this day and age. Score and score often we need the practice very badly, obviously.

Running up the score shouldn't be the goal, but it should be the by product of what needs to be done. Which is the starters need to be out there until they prove they can preform well. I don't care if the defense gets 4 TDs on 4 straight turnovers to start the game. The offense should go out and take it to them like it's a conference championship. If someone in particular effs up, pull him for his back up and see what they can do with the starters rather than waiting to whole sale exchange units. And if the starters have to stay out there the whole game because despite scoring on offense or shutting then down on defense, those units keep making mistakes that would cost them in big games, so be it.

Running up the score may be stupid and pointless but basically what everyone does in this day and age. Score and score often we need the practice very badly, obviously.

Running up the score shouldn't be the goal, but it should be the by product of what needs to be done. Which is the starters need to be out there until they prove they can preform well. I don't care if the defense gets 4 TDs on 4 straight turnovers to start the game. The offense should go out and take it to them like it's a conference championship. If someone in particular effs up, pull him for his back up and see what they can do with the starters rather than waiting to whole sale exchange units. And if the starters have to stay out there the whole game because despite scoring on offense or shutting then down on defense, those units keep making mistakes that would cost them in big games, so be it.
It only matters if it’s a formidable opponent. Running it up on Albany will not move the needle.

Just play well and execute with minimal injuries getting the W. Score is the end result of playing well and executing. Second game of the year against a FCS opponent, gaining confidence in what the team is trying to do is more important than a number as long as we get the W.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
It only matters if it’s a formidable opponent. Running it up on Albany will not move the needle.

Oh it certainly doesn't in the grand scheme of things, but if the players are ready to buzz saw through Albany after getting absolutely pantsed by PSU then they have poor character. And if the coaches just ho-hum their way past any starters that just go through the motions, then the coaching staff has no spine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT