ADVERTISEMENT

`I hear a man can speak his mind on here

sistersville

All-American
Mar 17, 2007
This is the place for me then. Im not crazy I just am dealing with herd folks who are delusional. You guys know my history. Grew up nothing but a wv fan for 13 years and then for the last 42 years i have lived 30 minutes from the Joan. Find comfort in knowing it took 24 years for me to follow my heart and the herd had became number 1. To make my matters worse i have lived in ky for 42 years and i sure dont hate on Ky. Now if rifle and michigan herd and my good friend from new york I know this board is good. God Bless the state of West Virginia

Reactions: WVUALLEN and 30CAT
This is actually the first time I have heard your story.

I grew up a WVU fan but supported Marshall as my #2. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, I thought I was especially happy to see a fellow state school get some recognition with the emergence of Moss and Pennington. It was quite a suprise to find out in the 2000s that I was a scum WVU fan who either had to hate WVU or stop rooting for Marshall in every game but the WVU game. Since then, I have nothing but no feelings towards Marshall, and find personal entertainment in watching the fan base do mental gymnastics to try to feel even two steps below relevant.

I enjoy the playful banter with Marine, Hump, and Tony (who I think is a WVU fan). I have MichHerd on ignore because he legitimately takes this stuff to heart and even gave out his location challenging someone to a fight. Between creating multiple accounts and trying to convince complete strangers that he is Hugh Hefner with a hovertank and a dozen limos, I can tell when someone has an emotional attachment to something like this. It is pretty obvious that he has nobody who actually cares about him, and I refuse to contribute to what could possibly be someone's mental breakdown. He lost his mind when he was ribbing people for posting on a weekend night and then posted on a weekend night. There is a lot of instability there.

Reactions: 30CAT
This is actually the first time I have heard your story.

I grew up a WVU fan but supported Marshall as my #2. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, I thought I was especially happy to see a fellow state school get some recognition with the emergence of Moss and Pennington. It was quite a suprise to find out in the 2000s that I was a scum WVU fan who either had to hate WVU or stop rooting for Marshall in every game but the WVU game. Since then, I have nothing but no feelings towards Marshall, and find personal entertainment in watching the fan base do mental gymnastics to try to feel even two steps below relevant.

I enjoy the playful banter with Marine, Hump, and Tony (who I think is a WVU fan). I have MichHerd on ignore because he legitimately takes this stuff to heart and even gave out his location challenging someone to a fight. Between creating multiple accounts and trying to convince complete strangers that he is Hugh Hefner with a hovertank and a dozen limos, I can tell when someone has an emotional attachment to something like this. It is pretty obvious that he has nobody who actually cares about him, and I refuse to contribute to what could possibly be someone's mental breakdown. He lost his mind when he was ribbing people for posting on a weekend night and then posted on a weekend night. There is a lot of instability there.
I have been called that before ....and wholeheartedly deny the charge! Although I confess to not hating WVU, I am often perplexed by their position on events.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and 30CAT
My father was murdered in 1988. Well he loved marshall and west virginia equally but unlike me from 74 to 78 I never missed a herd home game and he had to work. I loved going to herd games. I didnt drink but we could eat schrooms and fit right in. It took moss catching that pass that put the herd up 31-28 for me to know i had crossed over. I was thrilled but part of me felt shame because my whole family called me a traitor. Hell when the mountaineers took the field and they played the fight song I would get goose bumps. This happened between 66-71. I loved jimbraxton and danny buggs. Herd fans dont even admit how great a qb oliver luck was. WV do have fans that didnt realize how good marshall was from 92-to when snyder took over. For the herd to show if they have good d1 talent they must beat or play pitt and louisville to the wire. They got real upset at me because i want Xafier gaines to get a shot at qb. He was good enough that alabama wanted him. They trully believe chase litton is one of the better qb's in the country. I think maybe,,maybe he could be. He is smart, throws well but is slow and not very stong. I just want the gaines kid to get a shot. Tell me about wv and why they havent landed a top qb? They are in the second best leauge in the country on team where its all about throwing the ball. I also have preached that the herd should play wv every year in Morgantown. The herd gets a win they get rewarded with a game at the joan. You cant be 0-12 against a team and demand any damm thing. I do love herd football but their fans have nothing for us folks that actually witnessed the ashes to glory thing. We should be put out to pasture. forget all the money i have spend down there. Doesnt matter i will still be there. Dangerousdan and I are going to the marshall and pitt game. I will wear everything green. Hell i might go dyed in green like the hulk. I learned years ago how to hate pitt. I actually hated penn state more. Herd fans hate every other team and their fans.

and women, like many of these current moooooooo posters...

My father was murdered in 1988. Well he loved marshall and west virginia equally but unlike me from 74 to 78 I never missed a herd home game and he had to work. I loved going to herd games. I didnt drink but we could eat schrooms and fit right in. It took moss catching that pass that put the herd up 31-28 for me to know i had crossed over. I was thrilled but part of me felt shame because my whole family called me a traitor. Hell when the mountaineers took the field and they played the fight song I would get goose bumps. This happened between 66-71. I loved jimbraxton and danny buggs. Herd fans dont even admit how great a qb oliver luck was. WV do have fans that didnt realize how good marshall was from 92-to when snyder took over. For the herd to show if they have good d1 talent they must beat or play pitt and louisville to the wire. They got real upset at me because i want Xafier gaines to get a shot at qb. He was good enough that alabama wanted him. They trully believe chase litton is one of the better qb's in the country. I think maybe,,maybe he could be. He is smart, throws well but is slow and not very stong. I just want the gaines kid to get a shot. Tell me about wv and why they havent landed a top qb? They are in the second best leauge in the country on team where its all about throwing the ball. I also have preached that the herd should play wv every year in Morgantown. The herd gets a win they get rewarded with a game at the joan. You cant be 0-12 against a team and demand any damm thing. I do love herd football but their fans have nothing for us folks that actually witnessed the ashes to glory thing. We should be put out to pasture. forget all the money i have spend down there. Doesnt matter i will still be there. Dangerousdan and I are going to the marshall and pitt game. I will wear everything green. Hell i might go dyed in green like the hulk. I learned years ago how to hate pitt. I actually hated penn state more. Herd fans hate every other team and their fans.

I'll answer a couple of those questions for you.

1. WV can land a top QB. Pat White wasn't a five star recruit, but was a top QB in the country shown both by his Heisman votes and his draft round. He just didn't NFL pan out. Geno has two great seasons and was the Heisman front runner at one point. He also went as a high draft pick. We could throw Bulger and his college and NFL longevity. If it is just stars you are looking for, we have Grier and Crest currently.... Saunders was only a 4 star on ESPN.

Litton will never be considered a top college QB until he plays against better competition. If he goes high in the NFL draft, LOL, I'll retract that statement.

WVU and Marshall don't play anymore because of how Marshall fans acted during the last series. WVU fans also want variety in our schedule. We can't play Marshall every year because is boring AND only benefits one side because we are making millions more to play Bama, Missouri and such.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT