ADVERTISEMENT

I certainly hope that no WVU professor

BarbieQdCouch

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2004
Apollo Beach, FL
cancelled class or excused absences this week for students to "deal with the emotions" from the outcome of the election.

I'm livid - hearing that professors from universities across the nation excused kids from class for this reason.

I've read where some professors cancelled assignments that were due and cancelled tests.

If I were the college President where this was happening, I would suspend the professor or dock his pay.

I suggest that these academia and intellectuals rethink what education and history really means.

Our brothers and sisters who have spent their entire lives in the rust belts, coal fields, and steel towns, who have seen one election after another election not work out for them, have respectfully and graciously managed to carry on somehow, year in and year out. They may not be the most sophisticated of people, but they certainly know when they're being knocked down over and over again, with no one listening or caring. What about these people?

To the professors out there , behaving like idiots, who cancelled classes - you could learn a thing or two from these humble people across America.

cancelled class or excused absences this week for students to "deal with the emotions" from the outcome of the election.

I'm livid - hearing that professors from universities across the nation excused kids from class for this reason.

I've read where some professors cancelled assignments that were due and cancelled tests.

If I were the college President where this was happening, I would suspend the professor or dock his pay.

I suggest that these academia and intellectuals rethink what education and history really means.

Our brothers and sisters who have spent their entire lives in the rust belts, coal fields, and steel towns, who have seen one election after another election not work out for them, have respectfully and graciously managed to carry on somehow, year in and year out. They may not be the most sophisticated of people, but they certainly know when they're being knocked down over and over again, with no one listening or caring. What about these people?

To the professors out there , behaving like idiots, who cancelled classes - you could learn a thing or two from these humble people across America.

You know .... people deal with things differently. Everybody needs time to react to things.

I think giving people a "wide birth" so to speak is a classy thing to do.

Maybe, you and your generation would realize that if you weren't so busy generating more debt for the millennials as they search for their "safe space."

Or maybe I am drunk and watching Huggs and getting ready for Shell to be a "four dick mother"

I don't know...

#lonestar

Agree. You wonder how these kids are going to handle things like job loss, cancer, losing a loved one.

Indeed. Truly ridiculous. I need to go to my safe space and think about this for awhile.

Reactions: BarbieQdCouch
You know .... people deal with things differently. Everybody needs time to react to things.

Maybe, you and your generation would realize that if you weren't so busy generating more debt for the millennials as they search for their "safe space."

Or maybe I am drunk and watching Huggs and getting ready for Shell to be a "four dick mother"

I don't know...

#lonestar
You are drunk and excused.

Reactions: Mountaineer Gooch
Agree. You wonder how these kids are going to handle things like job loss, cancer, losing a loved one.

I know, right?

What about when our American Embassy in Iran was seized back in the late 70s and our Americans were held captive for over a year?
Did we cancel classes then?

Geez, this is an election. Won fair and square by an American citizen who outsmarted his opponent.

The professors are treating this election like 9-1-1 or the Oklahoma City bombing.

So, if the professor had cancelled class for....say....a football game, you'd be alright? Cause that's happened before........including at WVU on Thursday-Friday night games........be careful.

I don't know...

#lonestar
Gooch, really?

I had a Chem E professor, Dr. Henry, who upon being made aware that he scheduled an exam on the first day back from spring brezk, replied, "I don't give a shit". A bit different, don't you think?

So, if the professor had cancelled class for....say....a football game, you'd be alright? Cause that's happened before........including at WVU on Thursday-Friday night games........be careful.

No, I wouldn't be alright with that either. I'd hope that the professor would work out something to make that class up and still allow the students to go to the game.

I had a Chem E professor, Dr. Henry, who upon being made aware that he scheduled an exam on the first day back from spring brezk, replied, "I don't give a shit". A bit different, don't you think?

I had SEVERAL professors who thought like that. I've worked for people later in life who have demanded projects completed when other stuff was going on that pulled me in different directions.

You know, maybe I need to re-think this. Do you think that Bama cancelled classes when Auburn ran that ball back for a touchdown and surprised the nation?
Did WVU cancel classes after 13-9?

Maybe I need to think more like the millenials....

I have had to schedule my group to work Christmas (because our customer wanted product). I was the world's biggest prick for a day or so. Point being, ya gotta be tough.

I don't know...
#lonestar
I have a slightly used Therapy Dog I'll sale you. Runs, 1 owner, clean title. Willing to trade for a good squirrel dog.
y4tED0V.jpg

This is probably another hoax but if someone killed themselves over the results of an election then they probably needed major help beforehand.

85188644.png

I don't know...

#lonestar
#drunkbasementdwellar

Did he cancel it because WVU lost? Did he cancel it because WVU lost and so many had to cry themselves to sleep? #liberalwimps

You know, maybe I need to re-think this. Do you think that Bama cancelled classes when Auburn ran that ball back for a touchdown and surprised the nation?
Did WVU cancel classes after 13-9?

Maybe I need to think more like the millenials....
According to RR, WVU cancelled everything he wanted!

Coddling millennials is why so many are emotionally immature. It took me a little time to figure this out but when I interview potential hires I find out where the interviewee grew up and if dad was there. If a person grew up in the rural south in a 2-parent home I'm more likely to hire that person than someone outside those criteria who interviewed better. I find these people where "baked" a little better at home so college didn't ruin them. I've had some great resumes from great colleges with great interviews who were absolutely horrible.

Reactions: Airport
Just give them a pill ...seems that's how people get over things they can't handle.
My grandfather used to tell me if things aren't going good & I'm feeling down, to fix something, do something productive

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT