ADVERTISEMENT

Hyde-Smith

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
When I first saw her statement I thought it was nutty and that it could be construed to be very offensive but I thought she had some wiggle room. When I first saw the words "public hanging", I thought back to how they used to execute people who had committed crimes. I have a picture of the last public hanging in WV which took place in Ripley a few hundred yards from where I grew up. Thousands turned out in all their finery. In all of the coverage I've only seen references to lynchings, nothing about the legal public hangings that they used to do. I never thought of lynchings as public hangings in that sense. I thought lynchings took place in front of a few bad people who hung the victim in a non-public manner and I didn't think that was what she was referring to. She totally screwed up and she's avoided any further explanation and I guess it's because they say if you're explaining, you're losing. It will be interesting to see how her pending run off comes out.

When I first saw her statement I thought it was nutty and that it could be construed to be very offensive but I thought she had some wiggle room. When I first saw the words "public hanging", I thought back to how they used to execute people who had committed crimes. I have a picture of the last public hanging in WV which took place in Ripley a few hundred yards from where I grew up. Thousands turned out in all their finery. In all of the coverage I've only seen references to lynchings, nothing about the legal public hangings that they used to do. I never thought of lynchings as public hangings in that sense. I thought lynchings took place in front of a few bad people who hung the victim in a non-public manner and I didn't think that was what she was referring to. She totally screwed up and she's avoided any further explanation and I guess it's because they say if you're explaining, you're losing. It will be interesting to see how her pending run off comes out.
Dems and media are incorrectly trying to paint another GOPer as a racist for a runoff? GTFOH!!

Lol, if not for the media we would all have been worried about the "invasion" like all the enlightened trump supporters attached to his flabby ass.

It was a very inappropriate comment but how many times do you hear righties rail against PC? So she wants to just say crap that is offensive, pay the price.

Reactions: moe
It was a very inappropriate comment but how many times do you hear righties rail against PC? So she wants to just say crap that is offensive, pay the price.
I’m not shocked you think that statement is offensive and that she is a racist. You’re a lockstep liberal and will parrot anything you’re told you should.

I’m not shocked you think that statement is offensive and that she is a racist. You’re a lockstep liberal and will parrot anything you’re told you should.
There are many, many people who should be hanged today. Humane killing isn't appropriate for some of these animals.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Meh. I lived in the deep south for a long time and have heard that same saying before. It was dumb for her to say, but I don't see it as a big deal.

Meh. I lived in the deep south for a long time and have heard that same saying before. It was dumb for her to say, but I don't see it as a big deal.
It’s not just the Deep South. It’s akin to saying public executions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT