ADVERTISEMENT

Hummmm....my new dentist is a...

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
University of Pittsburgh grad. I told him I was a Mountaineer grad and he just smiled...kind of like a guy from a Stephen King movie.

giphy.gif

University of Pittsburgh grad. I told him I was a Mountaineer grad and he just smiled...kind of like a guy from a Stephen King movie.
Maybe best to 'get an understanding'.
Maybe start by extending a hand in his direction when seated in the dental chair.
Precisely locate the area for your 'attack'
Just before making contact with this 'sensitive' part--burst out in your most gentle but forceful voice---"Doc, WE are not going to hurt each other---are we?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Rootmaster

Laugh, but I had a very similar conversation about sports with a dentist who was doing, just a filling, about 5 years ago. Instead of the gums with the needle ,he got into the jaw muscle. Woke up with lock jaw that night, spent 7 days in hospital. Doctor team working on me said ,had I not awoke and went straight to ER, NO MORE BALL GAMES. They had pictures of needle marks way back on my jaw muscle, caused a clot that put pressure on nerve.
No BS with dentist or doctor anymore.

Reactions: Rootmaster
My dentist was a Pitt grad as well and his incompetence almost led to my death. I wish I were joking. One day soon I'll share the rest of that story.

Sorry to hear about this. My spouse's primary care physician is a Pitt alumnus.:frown::frown:

My primary is a UK grad. Could that be the reason he schedules a colonoscopy in every other even-numbered year?

Reactions: Mike WVU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT