ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Huggins statement

Statement from Bob Huggins

“Earlier today on a Cincinnati radio program, I was asked about the rivalry between my former employer, the University of Cincinnati, and its crosstown rival, Xavier University. During the conversation, I used a completely insensitive and abhorrent phrase that there is simply no excuse for —and I won’t try to make one here. I deeply apologize to the individuals I have offended, as well as to the Xavier University community, the University of Cincinnati and West Virginia University. As I have shared with my players over my 40 years of coaching, there are consequences for our words and actions, and I will fully accept any coming my way. I am ashamed and embarrassed and heartbroken for those I have hurt. I must do better, and I will.”

I heard Huggs said something so reprehensible and awful that it was the worst thing ever uttered. So bad, in fact, that the news story didn't even say what it was. So I found the statement on another site. Very underwhelming. This has Gee clutching his pearls? Good Lord, have we gotten soft.

Coaches should stop giving interviews.

Only way to keep your job.
Was he drunk?

let him visit the White House and explain it to the American people. Or does he need to? Free speech as a homophobe yelling on the sidelines. LOL.

this isn't what we are about and now this hangs on him even after he dies, as a stain on his and WVU's image.

Dumbass!

Reactions: wvpaper
Nobody is bigger than the school. That was horrible even for the 60’s and 70’s. No way in hell he should be able to keep his job. He is way too intelligent to make those remarks sober especially after Xavier kicked your ass this year.

Sorry Huggs, your fired.

How did we get to where calling someone a f@g is homophobic? I can see it being called derogatory, but how is it classified as homophobic?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
How did we get to where calling someone a f@g is homophobic? I can see it being called derogatory, but how is it classified as homophobic?
Fag derived from bundle of sticks that is loosely connected to burning at the stake for homosexuality. Is was also used to describe old women back in the 18th century or so. It also had an English military meaning as well that was was not derogatory.

Huggins slurred about dildos and Catholic “Fags” in 2023. Let that sink in.

Sorry “Jay” your not taking this one back if you understand that analogy.

I always thought “fag” or “******” what what you’re called when you knock one short and it splashes in the water; is that no longer allowed ??? If so, then we probs shouldn’t play golf in the same grouping. The use of that word is a generational thing ….

I always thought “fag” or “******” what what you’re called when you knock one short and it splashes in the water; is that no longer allowed ??? If so, then we probs shouldn’t play golf in the same grouping. The use of that word is a generational thing ….
There isn’t any word that bothers me or “triggers” me in anyway. I only get pissed when I hear someone being hurtful to anyone who cannot defend themselves i.e. Special Needs Children.

You can call me literally anything in the world and I don’t get bothered. I’m not easily offended because I really don’t care.

Huggs is a representative of a university. He holds players to the same standards and had a drunken Woody Hayes moment.

Reactions: wvpaper
Nobody is bigger than the school. That was horrible even for the 60’s and 70’s. No way in hell he should be able to keep his job. He is way too intelligent to make those remarks sober especially after Xavier kicked your ass this year.

Sorry Huggs, your fired.
Yeah cause it's ok for Xavier fans to toss condoms at their opponents. Quit being a Karen, grow up and accept the apology and confession like a true Catholic or Christian is suppose to do.

Damn woke liberals and their leader have destroyed a free America.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
There isn’t any word that bothers me or “triggers” me in anyway. I only get pissed when I hear someone being hurtful to anyone who cannot defend themselves i.e. Special Needs Children.

You can call me literally anything in the world and I don’t get bothered. I’m not easily offended because I really don’t care.

Huggs is a representative of a university. He holds players to the same standards and had a drunken Woody Hayes moment.
Did Woody admit to it immediately and apologize? Go be a turd fan.

Yeah cause it's ok for Xavier fans to toss condoms at their opponents. Quit being a Karen, grow up and accept the apology and confession like a true Catholic or Christian is suppose to do.

Damn woke liberals and their leader have destroyed a free America.
Didn’t say it was Ok for Xavier to throw anything on the floor. Moot point. Accepted the apology. Accepted Bill Stewart’s apology too from the VMI incident.

Last person in the world from being woke. There is a difference in being woke and completely stupid. This was drunk and stupid. If Stevenson or any other player would have said this, they would have been dismissed, or maybe just suspended given their age.

If a Pitt Coach or anyone else would have made that comment about WVU, we would be in an uproar. Hell we wanted to ambush Narduzzi for his Morgantown comment.

AND it’s Xavier and his UC issues. Xavier owns Bob Huggins and may have tarnished his career.

Reactions: WVU Scott
Gee is one president who understands what badmouthing Catholics can do to your career. Maybe he cuts Huggins some slack.

People make comments that are stupid or insensitive. It's part of life. Learn from it and move on. Some are a simple "slip of the tongue", some are intentional, and some are a setup by the interviewer/media. Huggins should have known better. It was STUPID. But for people to say "FIRE HIM!" over this is a knee-jerk reaction to the wokeness that is seeing the slow destruction of society today. The word he used has been used by people for generations, and not always intended to be directed towards homosexuals.

Huggs has already apologized. Step #1. Now throw some money towards LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ and move on.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Only thing Huggs is truly guilty of is lack of awareness. While the attempt of these radio shows are to portray the illusion of guys shooting the shit, it is still an illusion. So Huggins should have been aware that in this age any and all media lives forever. And that the perpetually offended will comb through all of it to find anything they can use to obtain virtue signaling clout. Use of any term for LGBTQAII+&#~¥€, and whatever other arbitrary symbol/distinction I missed, that is short of adulation is perfect fodder. It is unfortunate, but in this day and age anyone in the public eye needs to know these things and be aware of the unjustified consequences of even an innocuous slip up. Huggins not showing awareness of this fact is the biggest failing.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
Huggins is only guilty of talking warranted smack. If you are catholic and can't face facts about your clan building this reputation on its own, despite the fact the the rest of society doesn't really condone child molesting homosexual priests, then eff off. No one cares about your feelings at all, tbh. Get your shit together and don't invite this with actions against little boys.

If he gets fired for this I'm out and fine with it

Didn’t say it was Ok for Xavier to throw anything on the floor. Moot point. Accepted the apology. Accepted Bill Stewart’s apology too from the VMI incident.

Last person in the world from being woke. There is a difference in being woke and completely stupid. This was drunk and stupid. If Stevenson or any other player would have said this, they would have been dismissed, or maybe just suspended given their age.

If a Pitt Coach or anyone else would have made that comment about WVU, we would be in an uproar. Hell we wanted to ambush Narduzzi for his Morgantown comment.

AND it’s Xavier and his UC issues. Xavier owns Bob Huggins and may have tarnished his career.
Xavier should grow a freaking spine. Listen to the entire interview and don't focused on one freaking statement.

Sure go ahead and a hall fame coach connected to Big money alums and watch basketball turn into football bullshit teams.

Say good bye to the top transfer recruits.

You keep a football coach who can't win 6 games but want to fire a coach that pissed off the canceled culture. A coach who immediately stood and apologized for the mistake and owned it willing to accept whatever punishment comes. Hope your new coach enjoys empty arenas.

Huggins is only guilty of talking warranted smack. If you are catholic and can't face facts about your clan building this reputation on its own, despite the fact the the rest of society doesn't really condone child molesting homosexual priests, then eff off. No one cares about your feelings at all, tbh. Get your shit together and don't invite this with actions against little boys.

Several seasons Huggins could have been fired for crappy seasons. But fire him because cancel culture didn't like what he said is ridiculous.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Several seasons Huggins could have been fired for crappy seasons. But fire him because cancel culture didn't like what he said is ridiculous.
Totally agree. Like I said as long as he is recruiting at a high level and keeping wvu in March madness I see no reason to let him go. He is a basketball coach and should he measured by that stuff, instead of his opinions on catholic fags or whatever.... cancel culture sucks for everyone

I can see this as the beginning of the end for Huggins though. I can see him getting a suspension (4-6 games) next season, and prepping his announcement for his plans to retire after the season. I hope I'm wrong, but he's almost 70 years old.

No one cares about bad mouthing Catholics. Catholics and all Christians are not only fair game, but preferred game by the social media mob. Very little to no pushback if you fairly or unfairly drag them. The issue is a pejorative term for homosexual.

Catholic ***kers, pedophiles, s#!+heads are = acceptable

Catholic f@gs, trannies, queers, queens, faries = bigotry egregious?

Make sense? Of course it doesn't and that is the point. Religious adherence to your cultural betters is what is demanded and if they say 2+2=5, you had better signal your pious adherence by agreeing.

If PSU can continue to immortalize a guy who knowingly harbored a sexual predator and provided access and a safe space for him to continue his “activities” then I think Huggins will get a pass for a PG-13 word said on a random AM radio station with probably a triple digit audience.

I can see this as the beginning of the end for Huggins though. I can see him getting a suspension (4-6 games) next season, and prepping his announcement for his plans to retire after the season. I hope I'm wrong, but he's almost 70 years old.
I can see that.

Xavier should grow a freaking spine. Listen to the entire interview and don't focused on one freaking statement.

Sure go ahead and a hall fame coach connected to Big money alums and watch basketball turn into football bullshit teams.

Say good bye to the top transfer recruits.

You keep a football coach who can't win 6 games but want to fire a coach that pissed off the canceled culture. A coach who immediately stood and apologized for the mistake and owned it willing to accept whatever punishment comes. Hope your new coach enjoys empty arenas.
Don’t want a new B-Ball coach. I’ll take a replacement for HCNB tomorrow.

It’s baffling they he is talking about Cincy and Xavier. Who cares?

Xavier took a cheat as a head coach and Cincy will soon be irrelevant again in FB and B-Ball.

I think he was having a day off, having a few drinks at home and got a surprise call. Fags used to be called queers perjoratively. Now they loudly and proudly claim the label. Dumb, drunk maybe, but a tempest in teacup. Fine him, whack his peepee and move on.

If PSU can continue to immortalize a guy who knowingly harbored a sexual predator and provided access and a safe space for him to continue his “activities” then I think Huggins will get a pass for a PG-13 word said on a random AM radio station with probably a triple digit audience.

You fail to see the actual reason for the social media outrage. It has nothing to do with catholicism and everything to do with a perceived anti gay term. Using Sandusky as an example:

Saying "Sandusky is a sick, pedophilic asshole" is acceptable.

Saying "Sandusky is a sick, pedophilic fag" is the epitome of bigotry.

Note this is only true in the here and now as there is already a push to do away with pedophile and change it to "minor attracted person". I shit you not. This is a real thing happening in the country today. So in the future the first statement may become "problematic" for anti child diddling bigotry.

You fail to see the actual reason for the social media outrage. It has nothing to do with catholicism and everything to do with a perceived anti gay term. Using Sandusky as an example:

Saying "Sandusky is a sick, pedophilic asshole" is acceptable.

Saying "Sandusky is a sick, pedophilic fag" is the epitome of bigotry.

Note this is only true in the here and now as there is already a push to do away with pedophile and change it to "minor attracted person". I shit you not. This is a real thing happening in the country today. So in the future the first statement may become "problematic" for anti child diddling bigotry.

Idk man, a lot more serious shit has been “newscycled” in the past. Someone actually just hired Rick Pitino for a sortve legit basketball job FFS. This only results in Huggs being fired if the school wants out of his massive buyout.

Idk man, a lot more serious shit has been “newscycled” in the past. Someone actually just hired Rick Pitino for a sortve legit basketball job FFS. This only results in Huggs being fired if the school wants out of his massive buyout.

The current ass backwards mentality of the media mob is clear as day. Threatening a woman to get and/or paying for an abortion from an affair is not even considered a problem. Hell threatening is the only thing they'd look asconce at. They think abortions and polyamory at the expense of monogamous families are a GOOD thing. That is why Pitino will be less of a pariah than Huggins because being accused of anything close to racism or anti-LGBTQ... is an egregious sin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT