ADVERTISEMENT

Huggins needs to go

This is just another example of why.

Nothing but coming up short for a decade after making a Final Four.

Recruiting miss after recruiting miss.

Running off talent.

Not having a clue how to coach offense.

You guys keep chugging that third round exit kool aid without burping, I'll be wishing for the return of a coach like Beilein.
(The guy who built the Final Four squad)
Needs to bring in a younger assistant that'll be heir apparent.

Needs to bring in a younger assistant that'll be heir apparent.

I don't know if there is a succession plan but while I suspect WVU will let Huggins coach as long as he wants, the thing is that with his health history there could be an event at any time that necessitates a change in coaches. I'm sure the WVU higher ups have thought of this.

People talk on this board about canning Huggins but of course unless something changes drastically that's not going to happen. But a sudden health event counts as "something changing drastically."

I don't know if there is a succession plan but while I suspect WVU will let Huggins coach as long as he wants, the thing is that with his health history there could be an event at any time that necessitates a change in coaches. I'm sure the WVU higher ups have thought of this.

People talk on this board about canning Huggins but of course unless something changes drastically that's not going to happen. But a sudden health event counts as "something changing drastically."

I would hope they have planned for such. Health is why I believe Huggins retires at the end of his contract.

Running off talent.

You guys keep chugging that third round exit kool aid without burping, I'll be wishing for the return of a coach like Beilein.

Silly.

Huggins knows how to coach offense. He coaches the whole game. Basketball is different than football. Defense/Offensive doesn't have the same distinct separation between them.

For example, Press Virginia was our offense...

If you prefer a different style, thats fine.

I would hope they have planned for such. Health is why I believe Huggins retires at the end of his contract.

You can only realistically plan so much. They might have someone in mind but who knows if that person will be available when the time comes, or will still be seen as viable.

You never know, by the time Huggins retires there could be a new President and AD....who have different ideas/plans.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I don’t watch basketball.....like at all and haven’t in at least 5 years.

Let me say though, Huggins leaves when he wants. He’s a MADE GUY!

As for a National Title, WVU ain’t winning one in basketball. Chances for that ended with DeSean on the floor in Indy.

That’s my basketball post for 2016-2021. Carry on.

Running off talent.

Do you even REMEMBER the Catlett years or are you being intentionally obtuse?

If Nick Saban were coaching WVU there are some on here demanding that he be fired. It's a reflection of them, not Huggins.

News on Oscar smells of tampering and dirty shoe money.
Do you even REMEMBER the Catlett years or are you being intentionally obtuse?

He's not old enough to remember Gale Catlett.

I don’t watch basketball.....like at all and haven’t in at least 5 years.

Let me say though, Huggins leaves when he wants. He’s a MADE GUY!

As for a National Title, WVU ain’t winning one in basketball. Chances for that ended with DeSean on the floor in Indy.

That’s my basketball post for 2016-2021. Carry on.
The irony of "super fans" liking a post that says WVU will NEVER win a national title.

Indulge me, OP. Were you saying the same thing about WVU basketball in 2007? If not, what's changed? Things weren't looking incredible for WVU then. I'm sure most fans weren't expecting to feel legitimately slightly by missing on a 1 seed and then watching a FF run the year (that included defeating likely paid under the table, future NBA all-stars) following a 1st round loss to Dayton.

What makes you so certain that in 2024 WVU doesn't go 28-5 and is a favorite for the title? What about WVU basketball makes that impossible? Is it the state? The town? The campus? The coach?

99.9% chance that you aren't a College Basketball coach

So saying that you don't like Huggins style...
Who the hell are you

Probably couldn't coach a rec league team to a championship let alone a major conference school like WV

Brother, Huggins knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than you.

Huggins style works.
He obviously believes he has to increase the talent level at WVU and is doing so.

The difference is at UC Huggins had NBA players that he hasn't had at WV. But he is trying to bring them in. A lot of them are players who might not develop as fast as you want.

There's no proof that the "higher ups have thought of this." None of the present assistant have "it" to step in.
I suggest it's time (really past time) to bring a young, innovative assistant coach. Huggs needs to be more loyal to the Mountaineer Basketball program than his assistant coaches.

Running off talent.

More fail...

My nephew knows Ron Everhart personally. Everhart and Frank Martin recruited him when they were at Northeastern together.

Have you ever listened to that man speak about basketball.
I actually had the chance to do so because I am more familiar with the game than my brother in law so I talked a a little with both Everhart and Frank Martin.
Decided to stay closer to home but it wasn't because those guys didn't know basketball

Both of those men were Huggins assistants. Like I said their basketball knowledge is unbelievable
Huggins doesn't pick shitty assistants

Some of the ones on this board running their chops probably came into WVU fandom around 2006 when they were 11. They don’t know shit about WVU sports

WTF does that mean?

Are you saying that coming into fandom at a young age does not create a "real" fan?
Does a certain date or era in which a person is first exposed to a sports team determine whether or not a person is a "real" fan?

I'm curious, what are your WVU fandom bona fides that allow you to inexplicably view yourself as a "truer" fan?

From WV? Go to WVU? Graduate from WVU? Attend games? Donate?

There's no proof that the "higher ups have thought of this." None of the present assistant have "it" to step in.
I suggest it's time (really past time) to bring a young, innovative assistant coach. Huggs needs to be more loyal to the Mountaineer Basketball program than his assistant coaches.

I'm probably on the younger side of this board, but explain why we need a young person to fix the problems you perceive?

Do you hire the youngest attorney you can find? The youngest accountant to handle your money?

WTF does that mean?

Are you saying that coming into fandom at a young age does not create a "real" fan?
Does a certain date or era in which a person is first exposed to a sports team determine whether or not a person is a "real" fan?

I'm curious, what are your WVU fandom bona fides that allow you to inexplicably view yourself as a "truer" fan?

The main qualifier to be an eer fan is to go to wal mart and buy a tshirt.

Reactions: KingCoal
If you don't fling a beer bottle against the wall during the game, you're not a true WVU fan. Your level of fandom is directly correlated to how much you pace and seethe after a loss.

Bonus points if you "brag" that "I've been worrying all week about X or Y player."

Reactions: KingCoal
Some of the ones on this board running their chops probably came into WVU fandom around 2006 when they were 11. They don’t know shit about WVU sports

Well they've probably never attended a WVU home or road game in their entire short span of life and are more than likely they are far left Liberals that think Amen is actually a gender word.

WTF does that mean?

Nightly self-flogging at the foot of my Ed Pastilong shrine.

Running off talent.

And he is on the HOF ballet this year. Hmmmmm
We need better fans.

If WVUs philosophy really is just " no matter what you do, stay as long as you like", then success is never coming to WVU.

At some point he will have to be replaced.

It is a d@mn shame that he is choosing to be another Bobby Knight before the end of his career.
You're just butthurt because Huggs kicked your BuckeyeAss the 3 times we played. The only 3 times when Huggs was a HC here. And you chickened out of the game this year.
Oh, AND..... 8 of the last 9 time we played since 1981.

What I don't like is WVU's brightest stars inexplicably leaving the team just as they're about to explode onto the national scene. First Konate, now Oscar.

Konate started to become a bigger star for WVU basketball than Huggins. Fans loved him. People would stand in anticipation hoping the B12's best players were daring enough to try to take it to the rim on him and the roof would blow off the Colesium when he stuffed it back in their face. National commentators couldn't stop talking about him during the games. HE was the draw. Oscar was approaching that level last year.

WVU hasn't really had fanfare type basketball players. Not Pittsnogle. Not Carter. Not Butler. Not Jones. Joe was the closet for that last 1/4 of the season. But when we have, both were ran out of town. I thinking there might be a trend.
Then you must not like KY, UNCheat and Dookies for all of their one and dones.

Running off talent.

And...troll button was where? Ah yes...(click)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT