ADVERTISEMENT

How will this loss affect the team going forward?

.Bodhi.

All-Conference
Apr 5, 2009
I think it is a catalyst for a meltdown and a bottoming out of rowdy fan support. Back-to-back abortions of 2nd halves losing double-digit leads. This a game that breaks a season and I wouldn't be shocked if we finish the month without a win and zero fanfare. These games demolish enthusiasm. Be honest with yourself, do you even give a crap about Sat's game?

Reactions: Rootmaster
Before the Big 12 season started, I said we were 12-6 at best, and probably 9-9 at worst. I say we finished close to either of those, but more closer to the 9-9 record. As much as I love our team, offensively we are just not very good unless JC shoots lights out or Bolden comes off the bench and hits 3 or 4 jumpers, or Teddy does the same. When we are relying on halfcourt motion offense, we stink.

I think it is a catalyst for a meltdown and a bottoming out of rowdy fan support. Back-to-back abortions of 2nd halves losing double-digit leads. This a game that breaks a season and I wouldn't be shocked if we finish the month without a win and zero fanfare. These games demolish enthusiasm. Be honest with yourself, do you even give a crap about Sat's game?
I don't plant to watch.

Re-reading your post, WTF? Come on. Calm down. Get some sleep. Wake up. And then rethink it. We will be fine......we are just a little too overrated. We are a top 20 team, no doubt. But no way we are a top 5 team. We benefitted from everyone else sucking and losing. Every team goes through this, especially when playing in this league.

When all is said and done, we will be 22-9 (12-6) and be ready for the post season. Sorry that burst everyone's "#1 seed" dreams, but they were inflated to begin with. Realistic expectations are still in sight.

Re-reading your post, WTF? Come on. Calm down. Get some sleep. Wake up. And then rethink it. We will be fine......we are just a little too overrated. We are a top 20 team, no doubt. But no way we are a top 5 team. We benefitted from everyone else sucking and losing. Every team goes through this, especially when playing in this league.

When all is said and done, we will be 22-9 (12-6) and be ready for the post season. Sorry that burst everyone's "#1 seed" dreams, but they were inflated to begin with. Realistic expectations are still in sight.

You're never sorry to bust anyone's dreams, I think you're smiling that guys like me are pissed and you get to act like some know it all grownup and tell us we were stupid for getting excited. That's as bad as the rest of us but you'll never admit it. Thanks for your insight tonight, we'll all sleep better knowing you feel good about losing.

Reactions: Rootmaster
You're never sorry to bust anyone's dreams, I think you're smiling that guys like me are pissed and you get to act like some know it all grownup and tell us we were stupid for getting excited. That's as bad as the rest of us but you'll never admit it. Thanks for your insight tonight, we'll all sleep better knowing you feel good about losing.

Hate losing, but in basketball, you aren't going undefeated and if you lose sleep after losses then you might as well not even watch. It's going to happen. Duke lost to Boston College......and NC State......UK has struggled all year against teams not very good..........UNC has lost how many games already? Need I go on?

Realistic expectations are maintaining preseason poll numbers which would place us around a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. I hope I'm wrong, and the immediacy of this horrible performance is likely playing a part, but the downward slide this game could cause would place at the 6 or 7 line, which could easily mean a first-round loss and extremely disappointing season.

Realistic expectations are maintaining preseason poll numbers which would place us around a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. I hope I'm wrong, and the immediacy of this horrible performance is likely playing a part, but the downward slide this game could cause would place at the 6 or 7 line, which could easily mean a first-round loss and extremely disappointing season.

You are letting emotions dictate your rational thought. Get some sleep. We will be fine!

I think these past two games show the lack of bench we have. Also, we don't have anyone worth a piss at the point of the press. We are going to have to back off the press more and play half-court defense more - just to save our legs. Our starters were dead tired - you could really see it at around the 8 minute mark. I wouldn't be surprised if Huggins just gave them tomorrow and Wednesday off - just to recover.

Na WVU and Huggins are good. Legit Top 15-25 team IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT