ADVERTISEMENT

How was your GameDay experience?

simon_kenton

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2007
Ours was awesome. Started off with my son getting out of the hospital Friday afternoon, and getting settled back into the house, which is the only reason I took the time to go. Thank God for him able to get outta there and home, and for my wife urging me to go. That alone made my weekend, and everything else would be a cherry on top.

We left for Bridgeport Friday evening, stayed there, and went to Morgantown early. Arrived at the Burgundy Lot, and no one was taking any money at the entrance. Parked beside two car fulls of Virginia Tech fans, made sure to welcome them. They asked if it ad okay to park there. We exchanged pleasantries for about 10 minutes before heading to the Blue Lot, case of Miller Lite in hand.

Got to the Blue Lot, and our hosts, my brother in law and his best friend that went to WVU with him, had a pretty damn good spread that included breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with the highlights being jalapeno poppers, ham, assorted sausages, and more. It was great. Most of what they served, including the poppers and various meats, came straight from their farm, making the spread all the more impressive.

By the time the Mantrip started, we had been pregaming pretty hard. Gabe Osabuohien came thru a lil after that, and I probably sounded like a 10 year old kid that thought he saw the real Santa Claus, making sure to shout it out to everyone around me. He seemed to enjoy it.

Let me just say here that we ran into a few more Tech fans, and went out of our way to welcome each and every one of them.

By the time the game started, we were in our seats. My gear icluded my Jason Aldean hat, a faded gold WVU shirt I bought in the Blue Lot that turned out to be a ladies XL (unfortunately, very form fitting), and faded shorts that had a rip showing most of the underwear over my left ass cheek. It was at this point I was trying to remember if these underwear had a hole under or behind the engine room. Looking at them this morning, I see no hole.

I don't know how you folks are at a home game, but I can't talk this morning above a whisper because I lost my voice when we were on defense yesterday. By the time they were queuing Country Roads, my last bit of voice was leaving the station.

Ups and downs regarding the QB / play calling / broken plays aside, the whole experience was amazing, and I'll admit that singing Country Roads afterwards was a damned emotional roller coaster I can't wait to ride again.

Other than the split pants and girls t-shirt I bought, my one regret was eating too much stadium food... Two pepperoni rolls, two hot pretzels, a hot dog, and maybe something else. I was so full, I'm STILL not hungry this morning.

Now, very much looking forward to the next home game, the tailgating, singing Country Roads, and sharing it with the rest of you crazy bastards.

Have a great day!

Let's Go......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News