ADVERTISEMENT

How social media attacks against players should be handled by WVU

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
...and everyone else.

Ohio State put this out after attacks against one of their players after their loss yesterday:

"The threatening social media attack E.J. Liddell faces after the game yesterday is appalling and will not be tolerated. To the few of you who have chosen to inappropriately rail against our players on social media, stop," Smith said in a tweet Saturday morning. "If you cross the line and threaten our players, you will be hearing from the authorities. That I promise you."

Unfortunately lots of inappropriate railing against WVU players on social media is allowed here.

People like to say things behind a screen.

But....

If you can't handle it don't get online

You’re never gonna stop it. Like above post if you can’t handle it don’t look at it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Disagree. It's better to have tried and failed than never tried at all, as the saying goes.

And guessing authorities can stop such behavior. People can't just do and say anything they want of a threatening or damaging level to others without consequence.

Disagree. It's better to have tried and failed than never tried at all, as the saying goes.

And guessing authorities can stop such behavior. People can't just do and say anything they want of a threatening or damaging level to others without consequence.
We can’t fix everything and everyone. We spend to much time trying.

Last edited:
Ive never seen a WVU fan wish death upon a player or even heard of it in my 46 years of being raised a WVU fan. OSU has some really efffed up fans, big time.

You aren't lying...

Ohio had turned into an absolute shithole.
Has created some creatures on the internet especially Twitter.

I heard they flipped his car over. Was that true or just a rumor?

Don't know about the flipping it over part but they did key his car and trash it up. His dad had called sports line detailing what was done and death threats received from fans.

We can’t fix everything and everyone. We spend to much time trying.

Can fix alot. People don't try enough and allow dangerous and vile people to get away with far too much. There have to be limits on real abuses that harm other people.

Ive never seen a WVU fan wish death upon a player or even heard of it in my 46 years of being raised a WVU fan. OSU has some really efffed up fans, big time.
Pat McAffee got threats after "the" Pitt game. I'm betting the most fans making threats probably had some unseemly bets to cover. No one should ever threaten their own that's messed up regardless of the circumstance.

Don't know about the flipping it over part but they did key his car and trash it up. His dad had called sports line detailing what was done and death threats received from fans.
I don’t remember where I heard about the flipping of the car but I do remember he went through hell for awhile. Really is crazy!!!

Can fix alot. People don't try enough and allow dangerous and vile people to get away with far too much. There have to be limits on real abuses that harm other people.
I agree they shouldn’t do it but you’re never gonna stop it all.

Blame Twitter (or wherever those messages came from).

It's their platform. They should be responsible for it.

Strip them of their legal protections...easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT